“Very pleased with our choice!”

Ramada Plaza Southport
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Southport
GreenLeadersSilver level
spenno2004
“Very pleased with our choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We have chosen the Ramada to hold our wedding in next year and so booked an overnight stay just to see what the hotel was like. I was a little nervous especially after keeping up with the reviews on here.
Firstly our check in was pleasant and welcoming. Our room was very clean and modern with a comfy bed and nice bathroom. We booked into the restaurant for £19.95 for a two course meal and the food was lovely. My partner is coeliac and they were very accommodating at no extra cost and even had gluten free bread. The service throughout the meal was fab and we even got to sample some wines to decide what to have for our Wedding. The staff were very attentive especially the man who waited on us (wish I could remember his name).
Breakfast the next day was lovely a big choice from the buffet. The staff seemed rushed of their feet so probably would have benefitted from having more help as there were some tables with plates not cleared away but this did not interfere with our experience. Lovely setting across the marine lake and nice atmosphere in the evening. Overall a lovely stay and helped turn our concerns into excitement for our wedding next year!

• Stayed October 2012
ThomasKennedy, Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Many thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on your engagement!

It's great that your celebrating your Wedding Day here with us in 2013 and the team here are delighted that we put your concerns to rest. I'm sure we will speak again before the big day and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or concerns.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
Colne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Dinner Bed and Breakfast for two at £75 seems a great offer but you feel there may be a catch with a very limited menu choice, paying for extras, only a certain time you can book it but I have to say we had none of that. It was a three course menu to choose from and both food and service was faultless and we had no extra costs, breakfast again was top quality. We have stayed room only before at the hotel and felt the bar and restaurant area lacked atmosphere but I was wrong, the whole feel made for a great stay and to cap the evening off the hotel was hosting the final night of the Comedy Show with Roy Walker and his son which was something we would not normally go to but we really enjoyed it. Again you can use the leisure facilties free of charge across the road which are excellent. Only concern is the lack of takeup around the hotel with empty premises it leaves the area soleless

Room Tip: stayed on a lower level than last time but still great views looking across the marina and to Black...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for choosing The Ramada Plaza again for your recent visit to Southport. It's great that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your experience in our Marine Brasserie.

We list exclusive special offers on our website througout the year or please don't hesitate to call us for more information should you stay again.

Work has already started on one of the adjacent outlets and will soon be a casino, I'm sure this will further enhance our already superb location!

See you soon.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed 1 night with our 2 children. Room was very comfortable and clean, modern decor, ample towels, toiletries etc.
Buffet breakfast was excellent, Staff always smilling and happy to help. This hotel is situated in a prime spot looking over the marina out to see.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the great review! I'm delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations throughout every aspect of your stay with us. and have passed your comments onto our team.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Merseyside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

A fairly average hotel, certainly not 4 star by any stretch of the imagination. Car parking is a nightmare. Too few spaces in the hotel car park for the guest capacity and the nearby public car park is for a four hour maximum stay with no overnight parking allowed. We were told we could take a chance, but would need to be up by 7am to feed the meter as the traffic wardens would be on duty and were pretty keen with the parking tickets. At £3.00 for 4 hours parking it adds to the cost of an already expensive stay.The rooms are reasonably well appointed but pity about the uncomfortable bed.Breakfast left much to be desired. Limited selection of buffet offerings, stewed tea and coffee from "help yourself" thermos jugs and cold cooked breakfast that looked as if it had been left out for several hours by the time we arrived.....and there was still an hour to go before breakfast was over. I don't think we will rush to stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SuzyQT22
Hi Suzy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my apologies that you left disappointed with your stay. Many of our local competitors choose to charge for parking yet we offer this service complimentary although with limited availibility. The council operated car park at the rear of the hotel is £3.00 for 4 hours and over.

Our breakfast is normally a high point of our overall service and I'm disappointed we fell short of your expectations on this ocassion. I have discussed your comments with our Food & Beverage team so we can look to further enhance the experience in future.

scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Spent 4 nights in this hotel and found it very comfortable. The staff were very polite and attentive. I was with a large group and the service was excellent. Although my room was near the lift I wasn't disturbed by it at all. There was a fridge for own use i.e. not full of very expensive drinks.
The area round about was good for walking. The beach, promenade and pier are long enough for a good workout and to take in the 'distant' sea air. There is a good shopping centre only 5 minutes walk away and the bowling centre and cinema are very close too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ThomasKennedy, Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again soon. Don't forget to check our website or gve us a call for our exclusive special offers!

Thanks again,

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed during May at Ramada Plaza in Southport as another hotel was fully booked, I really enjoyed my stay and the room looked onto the Prom and was lovely with panoramic views along the Prom and towards the sea, the room had a fridge which not all hotels have and the bedding was very soft and comfortable and decor was lovely and nice pictures on the wall of the seaside. This hotel's location is very central and not far from the railway station and Lord Street and I enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the restaurant which looks onto their terrace where you can have meals outside on warm days. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. I get their emails and in August received one offering a good deal staying in their lovely double rooms, however, if you wanted to upgrade to a suite for a bit more you could do, so I thought I may as well! I went to see the flower show while there. The suite was gorgeous in a large room and panoramic views of the marine lake which is lovely so I'd another great stay at this hotel and was enjoying it so much I decided to stay another night even though that night was not the special rate, I did not want to leave this hotel! I always put the Do Not Disturb sign on my door when I stay in a hotel for during the night and this stops house keeping disturbing your lie in! Lovely bathroom too. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, rooms nearer the sea will be a bit quieter than ones on the prom, the suit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review on our hotel.

I have passed your kind comments onto our team and we are delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I hope we will be welcoming you back soon.

Northwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Ramada in Southport is centrally situated on the promenade, adjacent to the Convention Centre via a covered way, also very convenient for the excellent shops in the famous Lord Street.
Good, spacious quiet rooms, just one snag, the step out of the bath/shower was very high

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for the best view. Hotel car parking space is limited, so do not arrive too la...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the great room tips too!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.