$84
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

Balmoral Lodge Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$57
$41
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

The Bold Hotel(Southport)
$57
  • Breakfast included
Edendale House(Southport)
$90
The Braemar Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$115
Baytrees Hotel(Southport)
$86
Premier Inn Southport Central Hotel(Southport)(Great Value!)
$74
PremierInn.com
3,528 results
All reviewsthe underground car parkfifth floorblackpool towerexcellent hotelmodern hotelevening mealenjoyable staylovely roomlord streetshort breakreception staffstayed for one nightcomfy bedself servicebreakfast was excellenttown centremarine
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Booked in for 2 nights, but due to a medical condition we had to leave after the first night, early morning, no discount was offered and we were charged in full for both nights.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Picked this hotel via Late Rooms and wasn't disappointed at all. Wanted somewhere close to the Southport Flower Show and this was ideal. It has clearly been recently built on the newly refurbished promanarde of Southport. It disn't disappoint on any front. The staff were friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean and contemporary. The only complaint, if I had to pick one, would be the fact the the spotlessly clean and modern bathroom's hand wash basin was postioned slightly too high to wash in and I am 5' 6" !
The bed was really comfortable and there was no inside or outside noise, though I do imagine once all the new outlets have opened up that this may create outside noise at night. There was ample room in the fridge for my shop bought milk and food and the kettle was noraml size!. I would most definately make a return visit.

I did not eat in the resturante due to a couple of bad reviews I had read. There are plenty of places to eat out in Southport and I ate at Closters, which serves fantastric food and really good prices (go for the early bird menu - up to 6.30) Its a bit hard to find up a back alleyway - but ask any local and they will be able to tell you - its very popular. I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel either.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Gill60
gmramadaplaza, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Southport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank your taking the time to leave this great review, I am delighted that you had and enjoyable visit and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Regards

Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel was recommended by Glentons following a recent bad experience.We booked a 5 day break with them for just over £500, for the two of us.
We were allocated a standard double bedroom which was immaculate and spacious with a great modern bathroom.Rooms were automatically serviced everyday, and the cleaning staff can not be faulted.
The cleanliness throughout the hotel was excellent and staff were always busy doing something.
We were early birds at breakfast arriving at 7am and it was, in the main what we are used too.A really good variety of food to suit all tastes.
We had an absolutely fabulous time and a superb female driver on the coach too.
We will definitely be going back, and, a big thankyou to Glentons who surpassed themselves on this occasion.
Fab hotel.Fab location and apart from 1 day even had great weather.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for this fantastic review, we really do appreciate what our customers say and really do care.

We hope to see you again soon.

Enda

Reviewed August 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Southport as part of a trip to play some of the top golf courses in the area to celebrate my 60th birthday.

We booked in March and at that time I checked out the hotel on their website. I say this because I am sure that the website has been updated since and some of the wording clarified. I booked an upgraded 'Promanade Room' which I believe had a King Size Bed my wife confirmed this a few days before we arrived, I was surprised on arrival to find a 5 foot bed. When I rang reception to ask if we could change they told me all the beds were the same size. That said the room was spacious and well equiped. The only other negative was a large stain on the carpet - it had obviously been cleaned, but still not very attractive!

As a surprise, my wife pre-booked a bottle of Champagne to be in our room when we came back from our day out on my birthday - it did not arrive and my wife had to go down to Reception to complain - she hardly got an apology.

The hotel only has two lifts and in the morning at Breakfast/Check out the lifts could not cope and there were long delays.

The other point to be aware of is the look of the hotel. The website pictures show an attractive building with a large glass front facing out to sea, all that glass is not part of the hotel, there are 8 suites with floor to ceiling glass but the rest is vacant retail space. The hotel public spaces are to the side on the first floor.

We only had breakfast in the Hotel which was buffet style, and perfectly acceptable. Staff in general were pleasant and helpful. Other than the mark on our carpet the hotel was clean and tidy. Hotel guests have access to a pool and spa across the road, which we did not use. The hotel has a large underground car park.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the recent review, I am sorry that you felt the beds were not to your liking, the beds in the hotel are very well received and do offer great comfort.

The hotel is part of a substantial developement and we do not intend to mislead anybody in any way, the pictures that are used do show a great aspeat of the hotel, and the suites with the floor to ceiling panoramic windows are amongst the best in the North West.

I am grateful for your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Regards

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Couldn't fault it : Room was excellent: breakfast was marvellous ! The service was spot on . Even the little fitness centre across the road was a great visit. Enjoyed it so much & will certainly go back .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend here in Southport and look forward to welcoming you again soon.