My partner & I stayed for 2 nights at the Garden Court, & were very pleased with our choice of accommodation, after searching for some time on the internet.
We received a very warm welcome, & this extended throughout our stay.
Our room was the family room, which was the only room the guest house had left available, & were we pleased with the room - very spacious, despite it housing bunk beds & a sofa bed, alongside the main bed, & decorated in quite a modern style.
Good choice of items on the drinks tray in the room (3 types of coffee & 3 types of tea !), BUT we felt it needed a choice of milk, as we don't drink full fat, some sweeteners for those people who don't like sugar, & a sachet or two of hot chocolate would be a welcome addition. I guess we've got used to having all this choice in other places we've stayed in, which has spoiled us :o)
Breakfast was nice - well cooked & tasty, & a good choice. We also noted that Vegetarians were well catered for too.
One problem at breakfast was that there weren't enough tables for everyone staying in the guest house to have their own table, resulting in some guests having to share a table - this could be a negative for some people who like their own space ! I guess you just have to pick your time to avoid the busy rush !
In terms of location, we felt it was good - the promenade & Lord Street are easily reached within a short walk, & for anyone visiting the convention centre etc, it's ideal, as the guest house is just across the road.
Parking could prove to be tricky, though the guest house does have 2 parking bays outside & they offer parking permits for the parking bays outside, but at peak times, you can struggle to find a spot !
All in all, a comfortable, clean, friendly place to stay - we would have no qualms about staying here again.
Thanks David, Adele & Melissa for making us feel welcome !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly, family-run traditional bed and breakfast updated to provide a warm, comfortable, clean and modern home away from home. All rooms have all the usual facilities and benefit from digital free-view LCD TV sets, access to free WI-FI, and perhaps most importantly, comfy beds! Ideally located to make the most of Southport's many attractions and just over the road from the Southport Theatre and Convention centre. Our home-cooked breakfast is a must and will certainly set you up for the day, as many previous guests have kindly commented on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your The Garden Court Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Garden Court Guest House Hotel Southport
- The Garden Court Guest House Southport, England