The Garden Court Guest House
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsb bparking permitfull englishcomfortable bedquiet streetlord streetbottled watersmall fridgevisit southportexcellent breakfastnothing too much troubleshort breakbreakfast roomenjoyable staytea coffeefresh fruitlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Lovely people, fantastic food, wonderful room, couldn't ask for more. Thank you David and Adele for making us really welcome, nothing was too much trouble, we will be coming back again, Chris, Lin, Cara and family

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my girlfriend and couldn't really have asked for any better. We were made to feel comfortable and at home from the second we walked through the door, not like at some places where it seems like they're only concerned about the money. The owners really did go the extra yard to give us the best possible service. Room was lovely and clean appearance wise, as was the rest of the building that we seen, which also smelled very nice as well. Breakfast was nice, and we were given the option of what time we wanted it for which I thought was fantastic. Overall, our time here complimented an amazing weekend perfectly. We stayed in, what was described on Late Rooms as, a classic double room which was very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My two sons and I stayed here whilst I was visiting a friend and I only wished we were staying longer. Arriving at tea time we received a friendly welcome from Dave and Adele and shown up to our room which was exceptionally clean and tidy. We were recommended a lovely authentic pizzeria 2 mins walk away and told to give them a knock should we need anything when we got back. In the morning we had breakfast in the dining room which is fresh and airy, lots of cereals and fruit and juices to choose from and on offer was a full english breakfast or omelettes. I opted for the full english breakfast and it was gorgeous.....almost as good as my husbands but I haven't told him that! Our 13 year old son even commented on how friendly and accomodating Dave and Adele were and how lovely a guest house it was. I would recommend The Garden Court Guest House and am already looking for reasons to go back :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was my first visit to Southport in nearly 25 years. Such a friendly and warm reception - something which you don't get at Hotel Chains. Standard of accommodation was very high and hosts David and Adele were both helpful and hospitable. Guest House is in a quite spot but ideally located for easy access to town centre attractions.

In summary, I was very impressed and can highly recommend this Guest House. Compared with alternative accomodation options, the Garden Court offers much more for much less.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank roy_b265
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I cant say enough good stuff about this place. Its always the same clean friendly place. I think this was my 4th year. The rooms are very modern and spotless. David and Adele are a lovely couple and i enjoy our chats. Awesome breakfast. I will get some good photos to show off on here if it lets me.

thanks again.

Room Tip: Older people ask for lower level rooms.. There is a good choice of rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business