“best sea foodchowder”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“best sea foodchowder”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A great pinto go to in the various pubs in tenby. But my God the best sea overcrowded I have had for a while and I know my chowder. You must try this and visit the great pub

Visited September 2012
1 Thank michael g

“Good,cheap Pub Grub”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were a party of 9 looking for somewhere to have an evening meal and managed to grab a table in the beer garden.
The food and drink came to about £110 and was excellent value - the fish was well cooked in thin batter and the portions were large - don't worry about a starter.
The kids meals included a free fruit juice which was a nice touch.
On balance a good meal served by pleasant but harassed staff.

• Visited August 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Great pub with great food”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lovely , typical pub. Hard working and friendly staff although a little scruffy at times.
Food is consistently good and very good value, portions are not for the faint hearted !
Always tasty.
Great beer garden out back too.

Visited July 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“average pub”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After reading numerous favourable reviews about this pub on tripadvisor, I decided to take my wife for a meal while on a daytrip to Tenby. This is obviously a very popular pub and was very busy when we arrived at about midday. There was no room inside so we ventured into the outside eating area. We found a table in the 'no smoking 'area and sat down to check the menu. To be perfectly honest the menu is nothing to write home about. Very average in fact. All meals are offered with 'chips, salad or jacket potato'. Not a vegetable in sight. When ordering at the bar, the lady was quite pleasant but during the whole visit, the two waitresses were miserable and never once said please or thank you. They both had faces that could of curdled milk. They need to cheer up and appreciate the fact that they actually have a job. The food itself was ok. My wife had Gammon and I had garlic chicken. Both would have been better with some vegetables and gravy. If I ever go back to Tenby, I will try a different pub.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank nick d
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Always enjoy the food and always go back”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have been going to the Buc for years, always nice food, my compliant is there is too much of it lol.

You will find cheaper pubs to eat in but at the Buc I know what I am going to get!

Visited July 2013