“Really the best place to eat in Tenby”

The Coach and Horses
Ranked #18 of 114 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: Thai, Pub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Tunis, Tunisia
“Really the best place to eat in Tenby”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We discovered The Coach and Horses at the end of our holidays last year so went straight there when we arrived this May. The food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. Best value for money is the Steak Sizzler which unfortunately is only available at lunchtime but the full evening menu won't break the bank either. Staff members Paul and Emma (she even remembered us from last year) help to make the whole thing a very pleasant experience.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank skankoudamdoum

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband, myself and daughter ate at this pub on two occasions, each time we chose from the Thai menu. The food was very good and the staff pleasant. The desserts were disappointing. Can get quite busy, perhaps best to book.

Visited May 2013
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“a welcome back.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

i went back to the coach after about a year. i was given sutch a welcome. the barman even remembered my name and what i like to drink. i can recommend this pub to anyone the choise of drink is good plus, the food good value for money. its a friendly pub, the staff make you feel you belong.and in this day and age is a plus.so give it a try if you are in tenby.i did.

• Visited April 2013
Tenby, United Kingdom
“Quaint pub - Confused menu”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I live locally and really wanted to find some thai food and discovered that it was served here. We popped in after a day out, it wasn't too busy as it was low season.

We all wanted thai food, my firends were a little disappointed having said they'd had much better thai else where, I had the Duck Thai Red Curry and found it to be quite tasty....but the duck had quite a lot of fat on, which I don't mind as long as it is seared and cooked quite a lot but it was very fatty and soft. I wouldn't mind paying more to just get good quality duck breast without the fatty skin!

The staff weren't too attentive but to be honest...in the middle of Tenby I can completely understand why sometimes the staff get a bit tired and restless. Its a busy seaside town and the down times are much appreciated. As long as staff aren't rude I have no complaints!

A little tweeking on the quality of the meat would be great. I would love to come back!

• Visited April 2013
Llanelli, UK
“4 excellent meals”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've called in here several times over the yeasr and never been let down. Yesterday four of us went, 3 ate from the Thai menu, 1 scampi and chips. All four of us were well satisfied with what we had. I tried the 'Doombar' ale, an excellent pint as well. Some may want a bigger place with more space but for ambience, a cosy feel and good food this place is well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013