“Overpriced”
Review of Carrington's Restaurant. - CLOSED

Carrington's Restaurant.
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a table booked at this restaurant as it's in the basement of the Atlantic hotel where we were staying. Menu overpriced sorry we went. Food was ok but not outstanding. No window for people watching which we did miss. Hubby sat facing the wall all night. Venture into town for a restaurant!

1  Thank bethan w

Reviewed October 6, 2013

On the spur of the moment and as we were in Tenby for the induction of the new 1284 ATC (Tenby) Squadron Chaplain ( Deliberate plug!) and had decided to foresake our normal haunts we booked a table at Carrington's restaurant and we weren't disappointed.
We were met at the door by the owner(?) chef and he instantly made us feel welcome.
The Sunday menu is a set menu but with good variety, I chose Melon and Fruit and my wife chose vegetable soup and we both ordered Roast Lamb and I finished with a pudding of Sherry Trifle ( a bit pesestrian I know but we weren't out for new culinary challenges today).
The dining room is very pleasant and light despite being in the basement of the Atlantic Hotel, the decor is contemporary and thank heavens for crisp linen and decent flatware!
My Melon starter was served with a variety of fruit and a raspberry coulis and was fresh, chilled and substantial. My wife enjoyed her soup and this had definitely been home prepared. A good portion of lamb was served with an excellent choice of well but not overcooked vegetables, in fact too many for us. It was good to see broad beans served in addition to the ubiquitous garden pea.
My trifle was pleasant enough but on the "runny" side and my preference is for a more solid pudding.
The staff were super efficient and attentive! Our starters and mains arrived promptly and without fuss and it is clear that the waiting staff are organised and understand service.
All in all a very pleasant Sunday lunch and one we enjoyed and would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Ate here twice during a few days staying in the Atlantic hotel upstairs. Each meal was cooked to perfection and the chef even came to speak to us to make sure we were satisfied with everything. Very good staff and lovely peaceful place to sit and relax/eat.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We wanted somewhere special to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we certainly found it in Carrington's Restaurant. It is not obvious from the road as is is part of the Atlantic Hotel and is downstairs. The ambience was quiet and very friendly. The service was excellent, although the restaurant was busy, we felt as though we were the only people there. Everything was attended to quickly and efficiently. The choice of food was very good with a good balance between meat and fish dishes (and vegetarian if you want it). The menu was reasonably priced. My husband ordered the sweet pepper, tomato and ginger soup which he said was the best he had ever tasted. I ordered the goats cheese which was creamy and delicious. Both dishes were beautifully presented.
We both ordered venison in Shrewsbury sauce which came perfectly cooked and again beautifully presented with a range of seasonal vegetables. There was more than enough to eat to satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. Afterwards the chef talked to us and gave the recipe for the Shrewsbury sauce which was delicious.
I would highly recommend this restaurant, we visited 3 different restaurants whilst in Tenby and this was by far the best.

1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The meal this evening was excellent, both mine and my wife's meals were fault free. The service was also excellent and it was nice to meet the chef who was interested in our experience of dining in his restaurant. We would certainly be happy to eat there again.

1  Thank Pugsley59