“Excellent food.”

Blue Ball Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Local people recommend this restaurant for the outstanding quality of the food which is prepared by two talented female chefs. Booking is often necessary (not always) but there's little or no parking close to the restaurant. Not to be missed if you enjoy good food!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant at about 6 on a Monday evening in late July. About six tables were occupied and we expected a pleasant meal, having been told great things about this restaurant from a friend who regularly eats here. We were given menus and had our order taken within about ten minutes of arriving. AN HOUR later we finally got our starters, pan-seared scallops with chorizo, which I can cook at home in a maximum of ten minutes. There was no explanation or apology for the time it took for our starter to arrive and given that the restaurant wasn't that busy and the dish was simple I was at a loss to understand why it took so long. Perhaps they had to go out fishing for the scallops ... I'm all for relaxed dining but this delay was ridiculous. When we'd finished our starters (which were, thank goodness, very tasty) I asked that we be served our main course as quickly as possible as my young son was becoming almost tearful with tiredness. To their credit the staff brought out our main courses quickly. My son really enjoyed his fishcakes from the children's menu, but my husband's Thai chicken was a disappointment and my Mediterranean lamb stew was pretty mediocre and not especially tasty. Not surprisingly we didn't stay for dessert or coffee but left quickly and had an ice cream from a nearby ice cream parlour instead. Looking at the other reviews, it seems we were unfortunate and ate here on an off-night, but given that our bill was £69 for three, after the 20% discount, and with only starters and main courses, with no alcoholic drinks or coffee, I'd never be tempted to risk eating here again.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Myself and four friends visited this restaurant at 6.30 on a very busy Saturday night in Tenby during the school holidays and despite having no reservation they were very happy to fit us in as long as our table was clear by 8. We all managed to fit in mains, sides and deserts. I in particular had the morrocon lamb stew with cous cous and homemade bread to the side and followed with vanilla cheesecake, it was all absolutely delicious. My fiance was particularly impressed with his rare Welsh Black rib eye steak as it was cooked to perfection (many restaurants are incapable of cooking rare steak, it usually comes out over cooked). All in all, food was amazing, service was great, and because we got there before 7 we had 20% off our food.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We regularly visit the Blue Ball & we always enjoy the food. The "specials" menu is varied & there is always a warm welcome from the friendly staff. They are very accommodating, my mum wanted some salmon but it wasn't on the menu. We asked if they had a any & a beautiful darne of salmon with champagne sauce was served. Delicious. Thoroughly recommend the Blue Ball.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

this little restaurant is a tenby gem. A very busy night and the worked very hard
any little wait was worth it . our fish meals were a delight wish the blue ball was in are area.

1  Thank cliff315970