“Amazing Food. What Else Do You Need To Know?”

Blue Ball Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Myself and four friends visited this restaurant at 6.30 on a very busy Saturday night in Tenby during the school holidays and despite having no reservation they were very happy to fit us in as long as our table was clear by 8. We all managed to fit in mains, sides and deserts. I in particular had the morrocon lamb stew with cous cous and homemade bread to the side and followed with vanilla cheesecake, it was all absolutely delicious. My fiance was particularly impressed with his rare Welsh Black rib eye steak as it was cooked to perfection (many restaurants are incapable of cooking rare steak, it usually comes out over cooked). All in all, food was amazing, service was great, and because we got there before 7 we had 20% off our food.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We regularly visit the Blue Ball & we always enjoy the food. The "specials" menu is varied & there is always a warm welcome from the friendly staff. They are very accommodating, my mum wanted some salmon but it wasn't on the menu. We asked if they had a any & a beautiful darne of salmon with champagne sauce was served. Delicious. Thoroughly recommend the Blue Ball.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

this little restaurant is a tenby gem. A very busy night and the worked very hard
any little wait was worth it . our fish meals were a delight wish the blue ball was in are area.

1  Thank cliff315970
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here whilst we were on holiday in Tenby. We thought it looked quite nice inside and had heard it was quite pricey, but were willing to pay the extra for a good meal. After we walked in we were greeted by a waiter who started looking through a reservation book and said something about a table at 9. He spoke fast so I only caught that bit of what he said, and assumed there was not a table available til 9pm (it was half 7) so I started to politely decline until he said we can have it now but he needs it back at 9. I apologised and explained what I thought he meant, laughing a little but he was serious about it which made me feel embarrassed! Good start. It was quite nice inside, but the menu only had two vegetarian options which I think is quite poor for such a fancy restaurant with a reputation. It's not hard to make a few more vegetarian dishes really. Neither of the options were something I would want usually, but as we were already seated I chose roasted vegetable cous cous. It was a nice dish and I ate most of it but I wouldn't have it again. The goats' cheese was nice when eaten with everything else but as there was a lot of cheese there was a lot left as I couldn't really eat it on its own after a while. The drinks were very expensive and I think I only had one as I felt it wasn't worth spending more on another (coke was around £4 I think, cider £4+). We didn't look at the dessert menu as I decided I could get an ice cream on the way back for half the price. It was a nice meal and it's nice inside but didn't quite match up to the reputation really. A wider range of vegetarian options would improve it a lot but I'd probably go somewhere else next time.

2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Popped in on the off chance as we were in the Tenby sun this weekend. We were very pleased that our last minute reservation for Sunday lunch had been accepted and were very much looking forward to it.

Decor great, service friendly and efficient however, for a Sunday lunch it was a little disappointing.

We both ordered the page to start, which in itself was nice, but we both agreed that one slice of bread really wasn't enough to enjoy the volume of pâté. Mains - beef and yorkie pud for my wife. The meat and roast gravy were delicious, but the impressive looking giant Yorkshire was burnt (to inedibility on the under side). I had the pork belly and again it started out well, but parts were dry to the point where I simply couldn't cut it with my knife and fork. It was a little disappointing, because the remainder of the meat was very tasty.

Veg wise, a small dish of veg, barely enough for two. The potatoes tasted reheated, ratatouille didn't go with Sunday lunch and the roast potatoes weren't very!!

Had no intention of staying for desert anyway, so I can't comment. If you check our other reviews, were don't beat around the bush. Lovely place, faultless service but the experience was disappointing, sorry guys. We'd be willing to try again some time in the future, but at the moment, for the price it wasn't what we hoped for from first appearances.

Please don't let our review put you off, this was one experience on one day at one time. Other reviews have been very positive. Our advice is to see for yourself.

1  Thank GaffnBec