“Nice, but not as good as I had expected”
Review of Cadwaladers Tenby

Cadwaladers Tenby
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Tenby
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cadwaladers was established in 1927 in the little village of Criccieth by David and Hannah Cadwalader. Over the years, we have expanded our popular ice cream and coffee cafes all over Wales and England, bringing the best quality service and products to our customers.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Nice, but not as good as I had expected”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I visited Cadwaladers yesterday having heard a lot about it. I was expecting a great choice of ice cream, however, I found the choice of ice cream very disappointing. It did not have the great variety of flavours I had expected. However, the ice cream I did have was very nice - fudge meringue tower or something. However, I hadn't actually gone in for an ice cream. I'd been looking forward to having a nice croissant for breakfast there all week, but when I arrived there, I was told it was unavailable, despite it being on the menu. I was extremely disappointed. If something is on the menu, it should be available. So I ended up having an ice cream dish, which was extremely tasty.
Something that lets the place down is the fact that they let dogs in. I find this absolutely disgusting. No dog should be let into an eating establishment - they should be kept outside. There are many people who are allergic to dogs, so for an establishment to allow animals is completely unacceptable. I shall not be visiting again. I'll go to a more human-friendly eating establishment.

• Visited July 2014
CadwaladersMarketing, Guest Relations Manager at Cadwaladers Tenby, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review!

We are so sorry you had a bad experience with us, we take customer satisfaction very seriously and truly appreciate your feedback.

The incident is being investigated by the Operations Manager Paul Morton.
Please could you email us with further details so that the situation can be rectified.
info@cadwaladers.com

In regards to our dog-friendly policy we only allow clean and well behaved pets to sit in our cafes. Any dogs seeming to be disruptive, aggressive or unclean will not be allowed inside.
Dogs never enter the food preparation areas, so please be assured that due to our high standards of hygiene our dog policy does not affect the services we provide.
We believe allowing dog owners in store with their pets allows them more comfort.

I hope this offers you peace of mind.

We will look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards