“Don't let standards drop!”
Review of Atlantic Hotel

and 1 more site!
Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I've visited this hotel virtually every year for the last twenty or more years. The rooms are always spotlessly clean and well maintained. The position of the hotel can't be beaten - it overlooks the south beach and you have the best view of Caldy Island from any hotel. Try booking room 17 which has a small balcony and faces directly onto the sea.
Some of the rooms are a bit small given the price but you sometimes have to sacrifice something to get a great location.
The hotel has a bar and lounge which are both newly refurbished. There is a small swimming pool which is quite poular with younger guests. The hotel has its own carpark - a big plus in Tenby.
So why the 'title' of my review? Well, it's the breakfast. It used to be served by a waiter or waitress after being freshly cooked for you. Now it's usually 'help yourself' from a buffet tray. We had to make our own toast and there was little or no fresh fruit available. The marmalade and jams were of poor quality.
These are not minor quibbles - the breakfast is an integral part of the package and standards at breakfast are NOT what they were..........
As a comparison we stayed in several 5 star B&B's in Pembrokeshire around the same time. They provided magnificent views, immaculate rooms and breakfasts way in advance of those at The Atlantic. To make matters worse the cost per night of such B&B's were usually about 70% of the room rate at The Atlantic......
I'll still stay at this hotel occasionally but hope that breakfasts will improve - this is the only meal provided by the hotel so ought to be a 'showpiece' to give guests a reminder of why they should return to The Atlantic.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Ancient but well-kept, small hotel, once occupied by the Belgian Army HQ in 1940.

Overlooking High Cliffs to Caldy Island and a glorious yellow beach.

Next stop as an idea could be Ireland via Pembroke Dock ferry service (Pembroke Dock is about 9 miles from Tenby)

Room Tip: Try to book one of the rare window rooms with an OCEAN view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vegetarian4ever
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had a family weekend break here in September. We were bowled over by the friendliness of all the staff and were made to feel really welcome. Our room (a family room) was clean and spacious and the bathroom very large and bright. The cot we had asked for was already set up in the room when we arrived. The parking was very near with plenty of spaces available. The whole family enjoyed the pool and modern spa facilities. Breakfast was excellent, a very wide range of freshly prepared hot food and good variety of continental breakfast style foods. I was particularly impressed when, on our arrival in the breakfast room, our allocated table already had a high chair in place, this typifies the efficient and helpful approach at the Atlantic. The location on the seafront in the heart of Tenby give a panoramic view of the sea and Caldey island. We are all looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for the first three days in September, a friday saturday and sunday. Some of the negative reviews have suggested that there have been problems getting into the car park this was not my experience. I got into the car park on arrival and had no problem getting back in the three times I drove somewhere. My room ovelooked the car park and the only time it was full was saturday night. This was with the hotel being almost full, only two room were empty I was told.

The "scrum to get breakfast" is another negative mentioned in some reviews again this was not my experience despite the hotel being near full and me going to breakfast at the busiest time I did not have to queue for anything at the buffet style breakfat for the three days I was there, which greatly pleased me as I hate queueing for anything.

The hotel and rooms are decorated to a good standard and I found all the staff very friendly helpful and polite. I picked the hotel because it had a swimming pool steam room etc the the two times I used it we had the pool to ourselves. My only minor negative was that the steam room wasn't working the second time I used it.

This hotel isn't cheap but I didn't mind paying a bit extra for the pool and car park. My first time here and I would and will definately come back. I would reccomend the hotel to anyone, its a very well run place with great staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aidan M
Reviewed August 28, 2011

A lovely hotel with excellent service. A beautiful location, with great facilities and I recommend anyone stay here. Really good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank UkMermaid61
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Spent one night at the Atlantic on business.

This is a decent 3.5 star hotel on the seafront at Tenby. Exceptionally welcoming, friendly reception staff. Room clean and reasonably comfortable. Recently modernised bathroom with decent toiletries. Extremely good breakfast.

Recommended for short business trip or brief leisure stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Willow3b
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed for three comfortable nights at the Atlantic Hotel
There was plenty of room in the car park

The staff were bright and helpful
The rooms were clean and well appointed
The en-suite was modern and roomy, with a shower and bath

There was free Broadband, Flat screened TV
Drinks in the bar were not expensive
Breakfast was a buffet type, which is my favourite!
You can choose whatever you want, and as little or has much as suits you. And, the food quality was good!

The pool was warm and well ventilated and we had it to ourselves
We did have a little rain, but there are two lounges with sea views
So we sat around passing time with our kindles and iPads drinking latte's

Step outside, your on the esplanade  overlooking the South beach
What more could you want!

• Stayed: June 2011