“Highly recommended - Glenthorne Guesthouse, Tenby”

Glenthorne Guest House
Ranked #10 of 53 Tenby B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Peter and Menna run a lovely guesthouse and are themselves very friendly, helpful and hospitable. They made great effort to ensure my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Room was always clean, tidy, nicely decorated, good storage space, TV has freeview, good (free) wi-fi signal plus the usual tea & coffee making facilities. No issues with any noise from outside, slept well every night.

The dining area is light and airy, there is a varied choice available at breakfast including vegetaian cooked breakfast, and they were very accommodating by serving breakfast early when I had an early start to the day.

The guesthouse is located near the town centre and beaches, if you need any information (where to go, how to get there, etc) Peter & Menna will be more than willing to help. Parking is available opposite the guesthouse behind a secure barrier, just mention if you will be needing a space.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My parents and I stayed for 2 nights. We were on the very top floor - I had a single room while my parents slept in a larger room which had a double and single. Mena explained that they use the top floor for families normally. We had a private bathroom.

Being on the top floor made it a bit difficult because we had 3 heavy bags and a few extra things with us. Luckily someone was on hand to help lift my case and my Mums - Dad had a rucksack. We really appreciated this but ended up having to carry it all down when we checked out. Not really a big deal as I appreciated the exercise after eating and drinking a lot while on holiday.

The bathroom was a good size - very clean and modern but it was a bit time consuming and frustrating getting the temperature perfect in the shower.

Our rooms were good. The seagulls would get a bit noisy when you first open the window but they calm down and go quiet pretty quickly after realizing you don't have food for them.

The breakfast was very good. They even had a vege option ( Vegetarian sausages instead of bacon and normal sausages..) for the cooked breakfast and they cater for other dietary requirements.

Both Peter and Mena were very kind and welcoming. Made us feel at home :) They offer free wifi but unfortanately I couldn't get a signal - or very poor signal on the top floor so I decided to sit in the bar/lounge area. It was good though because I also had a good chat with Mena.

Good location - very close to everything. Beach, shops, supermarket etc

Room Tip: Probably not a room on the very top.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We have stayed at the Glenthorne for 7 years now. Peter & Mena are wonderful hosts running the best guest house in Tenby by far. They have become good friends and are wonderful with our two girls who are 4 and 2, The children get so excited when we stay at the Glenthorne as the atmosphere and welcome are second to none. A clean , lovely B&B . We will continue to stay here as long as we can. can not speak highly enough about the place or hosts!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have been to Tenby and choose this guest house because when i called to book and ask for the information, it's very warm welcome and I know this guesthouse gonna be good.
When i arrived, like I think warm welcoming, clean, tidy, breakfast very good and for the tourist like me, the owners give us all the interestig things to do and see.
Hopefully If I'm going to Tenby I will go to this guesthouse again

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 5, 2012

we stayed at the glenthorne guest house in tenby for 4 days and 3 nights the owners meena and peter were lovely they were VERY welcoming the room was quite big it had a double bed flat screen tv/dvd player a double wardrobe a chest of draws and two bedside draws we also had a shower and toilet in the room and VERY clean all through the hotel, the food was lovely from cereals fruit yoghurt and full cooked breakfast would definately go again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Menna and Peter are wonderful hosts, and have clearly put a lot of thought and effort into making Glenthorne a delightful place to stay. Everything in Glenthorne was clean, attractive, of good quality and well thought out.
Room - clean, comfortable and with a nice view over gardens. The furnishings were cheery and tasteful. Ensuite had a good electric shower. The room wasn't huge, but it had plenty of cupboard and drawer space and was a better size than some I've seen. All the usual facilities were provided - tea and coffee making facilities, TV, information folder, Wi-Fi etc.
Location - very handy for town and beaches, and extremely convenient to be able to park opposite the house (a small charge applies for this, but it was very reasonable given the parking issues in central Tenby). I loved being able to have a swim at the beach, walk back to my room for a shower, then stroll back into town for supper.
Breakfast - delicious and hearty. Fresh fruit, good local sausages and bacon, everything excellent. Gluten free and vegetarian breakfast is available as standard, which is very thoughtful. Breakfast is served in a very pleasing large room with a glass wall overlooking the garden. Menna was very accommodating with the time of breakfast, cooking it early for me so I could catch a bus.
Hospitality - again faultless. Peter and Menna provided useful information (e.g. where to eat, other tourist info) and were friendly and helpful.
Cost - very reasonably priced, especially given the high quality of the accommodation.
Wi-Fi - it was great to be able to check the latest weather forecast, email etc using Glenthorne's wi-fi.
I stayed for 3 nights and wish I could have stayed longer. I hope to return!

Room Tip: Room 1 is at the back and so probably quieter than those at the front.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Cannot fault Menna and Peter. From the moment you arrive until you leave they give 100%. Rooms are lovely as is the food. Shall be back in November for more of their outstanding hospitality. Back home now after a fabulous weekend and as an added bonus the weather was great too. Have stayed in other b/bs in Tenby but never returned to them after staying at the Glenthorne.

• Stayed: May 2012