“Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Tenby
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

On a recent weekend break I paid the extra for the sea view, I thought this was worth every penny. The view was outstanding. The breakfast were was also good with a wide selection. The room itself was pleasant with good bathroom facilities. There was also plenty of tea and coffee in the room. The hotel overall was clean and staff were friendly. Would also recommend on paying for the hotels parking too.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Yvonne L
Simon M, Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay here at the Imperial. I am pleased to see that you had a great stay with us and will pass on your comments to the team who will be delighted.I am glad that you enjoy the outstanding view the hotel had to offer specially when the weather is good. We advice to book parking at the time of booking but we are always happy to point out the nearest car park on arrival. I will be looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. Regards, Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Stourport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at The Imperial in a refurbished room with a sea view. Lovely. Clean, roomy, nice bathroom. Plenty of tea, coffee etc. enjoyed the meals and the service was great. The manager should be round of the staff. It is a quiet, laid back hotel. I do think a small dance floor would encourage a little more participation from guest when there is entertainment! I was there with my mother and she thoroughly enjoyed the break.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anniemac2014
Thank you for the review of your stay with us and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the Hotel and Services that we provide, I shall certainly make sure that all the team are aware of your kind comments, We are glad that you took advantage of our new refurbish sea view room and enjoy the location with the magical views the hotel had to offer. I hope to see again in the future. Regards, Simon
Maesteg, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I haven't stayed here but had lunch on the terrace. It is a most magnificent view and the food was pleasant, the staff were extremely helpful and it was a lovely family occasion. Guests in our party were all catered for from 5 months to 85. Service was very good.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to review your lunch at the Imperial hotel. I totally agree the terrace and the hotel have a magnificent location to enjoy a relaxing and pleasant time. I am glad all your family enjoy your time with us and I hope to see you all in the near future. Regards, Simon
Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife & I stayed mid-July EVERYTHING was excellent so its difficult to understand just what the complainers expect ?..We had a lovely comfortable huge room with fantastic sea views. The Hotel is probably the best situated and most picturesque in Tenby. Actually built into the walls and just a few mins walk from the town centre & harbour, and we are well into our seventies with mobility difficulties. The Bar Staff were very good as was the restaurant staff. while being mostly from abroad all spoke good (some first class) English and the service provided could not have been better. When sitting by the windows with the tide in upon looking out you could be at sea on a cruise A special mention must be made to Samantha duty manager & reception, nothing was to much trouble to her and the assistance & help both she and manager Mr Simon.M. where so polite & helpful to us. This was our second stay at the Imperial and we shall most certainly be back.

Room Tip: Try for a sea view. its worth the supplement..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James M
Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review to let us know what you thought of your stay at the Imperial Hotel in Tenby, It is nice to read that you enjoy our food from our lovely restaurant sitting at the top of the cliff and that you find our staff helpful and attentive to your needs. I shall pass on all your wonderful comments to all members of the team and specially to Samantha, as they really appreciate when guest do acknowledge them. I am so glad you had a nice stay with us as our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you.We hope it wont be long till you return. Regards, Simon
Hengoed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Myself and my partner have stayed here three times in the past few years, and I must admit that every stay has been perfect.

Our most recent stay was during June 2014 to celebrate our three years of being together, we stayed for four nights here. For all three stays we have stayed in the most premier (and most expensive) room in the hotel. The room is more than generously spacious with an en-suite bathroom and “living area” with sofa and television. The room is absolutely stunning, with a four poster bed and a beautiful sea view over the balcony; you’re able to see a vast amount of both the sandy beach and the beautiful sea. One of our favourite things to do is enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee on the balcony, free coffee and tea is provided in the room too.

The staff at the hotel are always on hand and happy to help. All staff are polite and courteous and speak great English. The overall appearance of the hotel is impressive and right close to the beach, with the beach being only a 5-10 minute walk away from the hotel itself. Inside the hotel is very clean and I know that the rooms are checked regularly so that the beds can be made, the bins emptied and the tea and coffee replenished for when you return back into the room. The shower is hot, and so is that bath water, and you don’t have any scorching hot or freezing cold shocks when you enter the shower.

At each stay at the hotel, we have always picked Bed and Breakfast here, which is also impressive. Almost all the waiters and waitresses are foreign but all speak great English and are easy to understand. The breakfast range is also great, with all sorts of delicious morning foods. The food is always of a great standard and is served very quickly – you can also help yourself to various fruit and fruit juices, as well as various cereals. We’ve never tried the lunches or evening meals here, but would feel confident to do so in the future. We simply prefer to eat out in local public houses or restaurants during our stays at Tenby. If you like Indian cuisine, we’d definitely recommend Deshi Spice – it’s a great Indian restaurant and take-away, only a five minute walk from The Imperial Hotel.

We would definitely recommend this quiet and inviting hotel to anyone looking for a peaceful and romantic getaway. We’ve visited in winter and in summer and have always enjoyed our stays. We wouldn’t say that the hotel is lively and full of entertainment, but it is mature and peaceful. Book now, this hotel is great!

Room Tip: Hotel drinks and snacks can be expensive.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Louisa L
Many thanks for taking the time to writing a great review and regularly return to us. I will pass all your lovely comments to all relevant staff as they really appreciate when guest do acknowledge them and I am glad that you enjoy your experience at the Imperial hotel with the fantastic view that have to offer from our restaurant, lounges and the outside terrace.Tenby is a great place to explore lots to see and do specially when the weather is good.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future. Regards, Simon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Imperial Hotel with my wife. Room did not have a sea view but because of the lovely weather we were not there much except to sleep. Room was spacious and the bed was comfortable so no complaints there. The staff were very attentive if not a little difficult to understand. However, the service was generally very good. When errors were made, a couple of times, they were soon corrected. The outside area overlooking the beach, in the bar area, had the best view in Tenby. Food was as good as we wanted and there was enough of it. All in all, a great value for money weekend. Well done all.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taken the time to writing a positive review of your stay with us and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the Hotel and Services that we provide, I shall certainly make sure that all the team are aware of your kind comments, We are glad that you took advantage of our location and magical views the hotel had to offer. I hope to see you in the near future. Regards, Simon
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I decided to have an early dinner here to take in the wonderful views which are truly lovely. We chose from the light meals menu. It's the first time I can ever remember leaving virtually all my meal. For the record I had the chicken burger and salad. I chose it mainly because I didn't want anything with chips. It arrived with chips despite there being no menu warning that it would come with chips. The burger itself was just a reconstituted patty inside a plain white "bap" with sliced tomato and mayonnaise. It was inedible. My little girls shared the ham, egg and chips. This is their favourite meal. They ate the eggs but refused the ham. I tried the ham. I have no words to describe how it tasted. My wife had the chicken Caesar salad and left most of it.
On the plus side - the staff did give the girls a slice of chocolate cake each which was kind and when I told another member of staff that the food was not edible we were offered a free lunch the next day. That kind of doesn't help much because why would we want to eat in an establishment that doesn't appear to be serving good food. The offer of a refund (though probably turned down by me as I find this sort of thing embarrassing) would have gone a long way to repairing the situation. This hotel is superbly located. What a shame about the food we were served.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank david e
Thank you for taking the time to review your meal with us. I am so sorry that your experience with us was let down by the food. I have passed your comments onto the Kitchen and discuss with the team. I can only apologize for the problem with the food that you encountered, after receiving so many positive and kind comments about food - this is disappointing to read.
As you can see from previous reviews we do not normally have this comments and when these things are brought to our attention we try to deal with them as quickly and efficiently as possible. I do hope that you choose to come back again and I am positive you will see a remarkable improvement. Regards, Simon