“Fantastic!!!!”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just returned from a spur of the moment break with my husband at the Imperial Hotel.
We seem to take many short breaks in Tenby and know all the hotels on the Esplanade well but this was our first visit to the Imperial.
This hotel is what getting away for a break is all about. We arrived yesterday (in time for kick off!) the lady at the desk was excellent , so polite and helpful with parking etc . Just a lovely warm welcome.
We had booked a sea view room and wow did we have a beautiful room! Four poster bed balcony and the most amazing view! ( room 22)
Dinner was included and very tasty with lovely staff who waited on us beautifully without being over powering .
We were so comfortable we asked for a late check out on the off chance. The desk manager was so helpful and said that he would try to sort it out for us which he did with no fuss. Also when we left he was so kind and friendly that you really do want to go back.
I can honestly say I have stayed in hotels for a fortnight and have not felt so happy with the stay or service that I want to write this much! Thank you for making a one night break so special .

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Anniuw
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review at your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. I will pass on your lovely comments to the team as they always happy to be helpful to our customer as we always try our best to make sure you enjoy your break with us. I agree that our upgrade rooms are good value for money and make a different to your stay. We are very happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us and thanks again for your lovely review.Hope to see you again in the future and for a longer break. Regards, Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My friend and I have just arrived back from a Shearings holiday at the Imperial. Wonderful setting for the hotel, built on the rocks over the beach, and next to the old town walls. Brilliant seaview from rooms, restaurant and lounges. The hotel is fabulous, love the contemporary feel in all of the public rooms. Bedrooms and bathrooms are clean, lovely cotton bedding and fluffy white towels. All meals were lovely, well cooked with plenty of choice. The staff, well ALL of the staff are delightful, friendly, polite and nothing is too much trouble. The only downside to the hotel is the coolness of the restaurant and adjoining lounge, the radiators were all on full but are not sufficient for the large space, maybe closing the blinds would have made it warmer, it was such a shame for the singers on Tues and Thurs evening as there were only about 8 people attending, Cathy on Thurs evening was brilliant, such a powerful voice. Maybe the equipment should have been moved to one of the other warmer lounges. Irehna? our driver was brilliant, she was so informative and has a great warm personality. 2 excursions to Pembroke and St Davids. Wow !!!!!!!!!!! St Davids Cathedral is beautiful as you look over the wall on approaching. Pembroke has a lovely Castlr unfortunately not enough time to visit. Bracing walks along the beach in the wind and rain were wonderful. Tenby has lovely winding streets and alleyways, also a lovely harbour and a lovely church.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sandra C
Many thanks for taking the time to writing a great review. I will pass all your lovely comments to all relevant staff as they really appreciate when guest do acknowledge them and specially to Arhena our coach driver. I am glad that you enjoy your experience at the Imperial hotel with the fantastic view that we have to offer from our restaurant and lounges. I hope to see you again in the near future. Regards, Simon
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is the second year we have visited the hotel late January/early Feb. It is excellent value for money. It is a fantastic base for beach and clifftop walks. Although out of season there are some places of interest to visit. The museum & art gallery and lifeboat station are well worth a visit. Lots of pretty gift shops and plenty of places to lunch.
We took my husbands elderly mum this year and everything is within easy walking distance from the hotel which was great for her. She was in a single room. There was only a £15 supplement plus the extra for the sea view which is well worth the extra. If I had one complaint it would be that if it is a double/twin seaview room, the charge of £21 should be per room and not per person.
The rooms are clean and adequately equipped, the sea/beach view is spectacular from the hotel. The hotel does undergo maintenance in off peak periods, however it does not affect your stay, I have read other rather mean reviews with pathetic complaints, for example "lift is a bit old and shabby", "reception area could do with modernising". I don't get this! Do these people have to complain about things that do not affect their stay? I am sure the hotel knows these things and they are on a very long list of things to be done during the refurb and renovation period!
The food cannot be faulted. I never had anything served to me that wasn't delicious. The set menu had plenty of choice, if there was nothing to your liking you could upgrade to the hotel menu for a heavily discounted price. Drinks were not extortionately priced.The waiting staff were very efficient, courteous, helpful and friendly.
On Sunday evening there was no heating, however we were provided with a radiator. I don't know if it was a maintenance problem or that only a handful of the 45 rooms were taken that night and it would make sense financially and environmentally to shut it off. Either way it was no problem.
My husband had trouble sleeping as he could faintly hear the sound of a motor or heating drive in our room, he is very sensitive to noise at night, personally I could hardly hear it and was embarrassed to mention it! For our last night the manager moved us to a premier room with a huge 4 poster bed, a big telly and fantastic views. I did not expect this special treatment for such a minor thing that I bet nobody has ever complained about! Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff at any point of our stay.
I have read peoples complaints because of lack of parking, there are maybe 7/8 spaces max. This is because of where the hotel is and should not be grounds for a complaint. There are plenty of car parks close to the hotel. £5 for 24 hours in the nearest 5 Arches carpark a hundred yards away! You can load/unload outside the hotel.
There is entertainment on Saturday nights out of season. It was fair. Mum enjoyed it and we enjoyed singing along. if you don't fancy whats on offer there are plenty of pubs very close by offering live music etc.
I truly loved my stay this year and last. Planning to go in the warmer weather this year.
I would recomend this place to anyone, young or old!

Room Tip: Get a sea view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting such a lovely review to let us know what you thought of your stay at the Imperial Hotel in Tenby this year, It is nice to read that you enjoy your stay on your winter break. I am glad that you enjoy the service provide and that you find our staff helpful and attentive to your needs. I shall pass on all your wonderful comments to all members of the team and as you mention in your comments our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you.We hope it wont be long till you return when the weather is warmer. Regards, Simon
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed for one night and we were disappointed as the Hotel was dated and tired. The room had a beautiful view and was clean but the surroundings were poor. Old windows, bathroom poor standard with the bath panel taped up and smelling of urine.Shower was broken with only a dribble from the shower head. the experience did not get any better in the Dining Room as we were some of the first arrivals on the Saturday night and we were told they had run out of steak. Slow service with us waiting 50 minutes for a main course,this with the restaurant almost empty. Following this we returned to the room and retired at around 10.00pm as we had an early start. However we were kept awake with loud music playing till late.

In addition to this the breakfast was truly appalling limited fruit, no yogurt and poorly washed cutlery and crockery. Moreover the cooked breakfast arrived almost immediately following the order with the majority of the breakfast stone cold.

This is a beautiful building in a fantastic location right on the beach front. However, the aforementioned issues would have to be addressed for me to contemplate staying there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise M
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I am sorry that you were not impressed with the Hotel. I have passed your comments onto all the relevant departments. We are always looking to improve the service & accommodation that we offer and when these things are brought to our attention we try to deal with them as quickly and efficiently as possible.I do hope that you choose to come back again and I am positive you will see a remarkable improvement.Regards, Simon
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Have just returned from a short stay at this hotel and i cannot wait till i can go back again.
Beautiful views and lovely to fall asleep and wake up to the sounds of the waves below us.
Hotel clean and staff were lovely.
Situated less than a 5 min walk from town,i walk with a stick so shows how close to hotel it is.
Great pubs and eateries in town and was just a shame we had to leave a day early because of the bad weather forecast for our actual departure day.
All i can say is that this is a fantastic hotel with wonderful staff and i hope to be visiting again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments of your recent stay at The Imperial Hotel in Tenby. I completely agree with you, we are so lucky to have such a fantastic location been so close to the town & great views. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Regards, Simon.
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights mid January. Had booked a standard twin room, however to our delight we had been upgraded to a sea view room that opened up onto the roof terrace. Breakfast was good, sausages a little small but very tasty. Would highly recommend

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Many thanks for your review of your recent 2 nights stay with us, It's great to read that you enjoyed the lovely view the Imperial have to offer with the open roof terrace. I am glad that you enjoyed all service that the hotel provide and I hope to welcome you back soon to the Imperial. Regards, Simon
sheerness
Reviewed January 18, 2014

stayed 4 nights on 13 jan 2014 very good accommodation room was refurbished to high standard food great service the same went with sheerings good price driver peter very good as he lives in Swansea and gave a lot of information about the area

Room Tip: room 45 top floor refurbished
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments of your recent stay at The Imperial Hotel Tenby. I agree that the hotel is offering good value for money and I shall pass your nice comments to our coach driver Peter next time I see him as Im sure he will be very happy to know you enjoy the trips and all the information provided by him. I am glad you enjoy your stay and I hope to see you in the near future. Regards, Simon