“could not ask for anything more”

The Imperial Tenby Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have just returned from from a three night stay at The Imperial Hotel Tenby where we had rooms 7 and 11 from booking in to booking out the staff ,food and service was first class Our special thanks to two young ladies who looked after us in the restaurant Ruth and Eve they are to be commended for their excellent service and such lovely natures We will certainly be back Thankyou to all Mr and Mrs Cox and Mr and Mrs Smith

Room Tip: Room 11 very spacious and lovely sea view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Cox & Mr and Mrs Smith. Many thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful review at your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. Ruth & Eva are over the moon with their special mention. I shall pass all your lovely comments to all members of the team, as they really appreciate when guest do acknowledge them. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you.We hope it wont be long till you return. Regards, Simon

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Excellent location overloking the beach , built into the town walls ans only a few minutes walk from the harbour and town centre . Public rooms are modern and well laid out , the dining room overlooks the beach and merges into the main lounge . There are two bars and an outside terrace ,with free wifi in the reception and upstairs bar . The bedrooms could do with a little TLC but beds are confortable the bathrooms large with extremly hot water , our room number 4 had a bay window with french windows that opened up onto the roof terrace and even in October we could sit out . The food was first rate from breakfast to evening meal with something for everyone but you could choose of the a la carte menu and get a credit towards it for each course you chose. The staff could not do enough for you and where always cheerful and friendly. We even got a £25 pp credit to spend in the bar , for snacks , drinks or a la carte upgrade. This is an older hotel made up of 3 seperate buildings so you do find steps taking you to different levels even though the lift may serve your floor . But excellent value for money

Room Tip: room number 4 bay window with access to the roof terrace and well worth the sea view upgrade.
1  Thank Holidaytreker

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are so lucky to have this location & views to south beach. I have passed your comments onto all of the staff. I am glad to read your comments about our menu. Our hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you. We hope it wont be long till you return. Regards, Simon

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned from a lovely 4 day break at the Imperial Hotel( 28th - 31st Oct 2013). My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here, and would hopefully book again in the future! Our Standard room was No. 49 on the 4th floor, with a wonderful sea view. We had £50.00 credit for purchasing drinks, and snacks, and had booked half board. Breakfasts were excellent, and the evening meals were good, with an allowance to upgrade to the main hotel menu if you wanted to! Staff in all departments were 1st class, and the room cleaning service was 'spot on'. Overall the bedroom decor, and Reception Area could of done with a little TLC, but the rest was great! Customer service in all departments, made our stay a good experience!

Room Tip: Try and get a lower floor room, because the water pressure for baths or showers is weaker the higher...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. It's always great to know that you had an enjoyable stay.I am also pleased to note you found the hotel very comfortable and clean throughout and you enjoyed your evening meals. I will review the room decor as they are in constant use and some times suffer from slight wear. I will pass on the comments to the staff as they always trying their very best to help our customers. We hope to see you again in the near future. Regards, Simon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

After checking in and going to our room we found no key on our keyring,so off back to front desk .We were told last guests forgot to hand key back in.So off we go with hotel spare key.Got to room,could we get in room? NO key bent!! So off to front desk again.Handyman saved the day and straightend key.I can laugh about it now but after 7 hour journey could have done without it.We had upgraded to premium room and the room was huge and very comfortable,also had a balcony with amazing sea view.Only one drawback had great difficulty using hairdrier as lead not long enough to reach mirror. Food good always plenty and dining room staff very pleasant.Always plenty of hot water and room was very clean and welcoming.Good location in Tenby and would come back to visit again.

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel. I can only apologize about the start of your holiday with us with your room key. I have passed your comments onto all the relevant departments. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at the Imperial and that you enjoyed your large and comfortable room. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.Regards, Simon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Friendly greeting on arrival by receptionist who couldn't have been more helpful. Help with luggage to our very pleasant room for 4 nights. Atmosphere in hotel very relaxing with pleasant decor. Considering the hotel consists of various buildings joined together, the overall renovation to update the buildings has worked very well. All staff very friendly, courteous and helpful. Food was very nicely prepared and presented on very nice crockery. Fantastic views from the Dining Area and lounge areas very relaxing. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review at your recent stay a the Imperial hotel. I will pass on your lovely comments to all staff. I am glad that you enjoy our food and I will pass your comments to the receptionist too. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you. Hope to see you soon.Regards, Simon

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A little disappointed on arrival, room not what I thought I'd booked, however!!! Thanks to the receptionist, Sophie and the manager Simon, this was very quickly resolved to our 100% satisfaction. We had an extremely nice room with a brilliant sea view (which I do like as I rise very early and like to read; what better place than in a ten foot bay window with a view of the ocean). We did visit out of season and I do know Tenby, so did not expect it to be tip top for facilities and decided to eat in the hotel restaurant. A very wise choice. The restaurant, bars and lounge were perfect for me and mine, at 66 years of age (on our visit), I can manage without 'Karoke'.
The menu was varied and reasonably priced, the food was perfect although portion size could have been larger. We commented on this to our waiter Steven and .....he went into the kitchen and prepared more food for my partner, (the chef, also a Steven, had gone home as we were a little late).
On our second evening in the restaurant, thanks to the two Stevens, our meals were especially large and as they explained, a lot of food goes back into the kitchen uneaten when the guests tend to be elderly with small appetites, a sensible point.
Not to bore you with any more compliments for the hotel and all the staff, my partner made a very unusual comment upon leaving; "This is one holiday (short break) I do not want to go home from". WE WILL BE BACK.

Room Tip: No way! I'm keeping that gem to myself. Imagine someone booking the room I want just before me.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments of your recent stay at the Imperial.We always strive to provide the best service to our guest and we will do our best to accommodate in the best possible way so I am pleased we deliver this to you. I agree that the hotel is situated in a stunning location with excellent views. I will pass on the comments to Sophie, Steven Head Chef, Steven Restaurant Supervisor and the rest of the team as they always trying their very best to help our customers. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us as our hotel does offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you. Im looking forward to see you again in the near future. Regards, Simon

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Coudn't fault the location and view from room, but room was very small for two adults, and the floor was never swept during our four night stay. Faulty central heating and shower control were reported daily but were never rectified.
Food was adequate but uninteresting and always only just enough.
Staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and friendly.
The hotel as a whole badly needs redecorating.
The parking problem as for the whole of Tenby was not good, and perhaps early booking should give priority to those with disabled badges rather than the current of one only if you are lucky.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple