“New Years Eve Break”

The Imperial Tenby Hotel
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Six of us have just returned from a New Years Eve break at the Imperial Hotel in Tenby. The Hotel itself is really nice ideally situated right on the beach and very close to the town centre.
We spent three nights and four days here, and had a really good time. The New Years Eve party night was superb!! The food was lovely and most of the staff were friendly and very helpful. The only downside was the food service on New Years eve it was a bit of a shambles with a very aggresive Deputy Manager. But the Hotel Manager came and apologised and did everything within his power to make everything ok for us - which he did - thank you.
We have looked through the brochure and are s till deciding which of the Bay Hotels to spend next New Years Eve with which says it all, we weren't put off by anything!

Room Tip: book a sea view room - well worth the extra cost, on a fine day you can see for miles, and you get v...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TheOldies36
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Many thanks for posting your comments of your stay at the Imperial. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very privileged to be located in such a nice area with fantastic views, but please be assured as discussed on New Year’s Eve that I will personally look into all comments made. I and the team are working very hard to upkeep the standards of our hotel and when these things are brought to my attention I will deal as quickly and efficiently as possible. I thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and not putting you off your next holiday at The Imperial. It was very nice to meet the six of you. I am looking forward to see you in the near future, and I am positive you will notice a remarkable improvement. Regards, Simon

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Decided to spend Christmas at a hotel and returned to the Imperial.

It was an enjoyable break and managed to get an upgrade to a triple aspect room, thank you reception for arranging this. I was allocated room 7 and as it was at the end of a corridor, it was very quiet.

I can add little to my report of the 23 February 2012, the staff and food were excellent. A minature whisky, bowl of fruit and chocolates were in the room when I arrived, together with a Christmas card and 2013 calender.

The meals were well prepared, although I would have liked a few more roast potatoes on Christmas Day and also to be asked if I wanted a bread roll or drink with my meal, minor points but discussed with manager before leaving so he could raise it in the debriefing later.

I enjoyed the stay and will return next year. Would I return for a Christmas break? I'm not certain, although a couple have returned for the last eight Christmases.

Thanks to one and all for your hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GasFromSomerset

Many thanks for posting your comments regarding your Christmas stay at the Imperial Hotel. I shall pass on all your nice comments to the reception staff. I enjoyed talking to you and get feedback from all aspects of the service as it will help greatly to improve any details for our future customers and of course in your return visit too. Our aim is to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay with us making internal regular reviews with all the staff when possible. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, room and service at the hotel. I hope to see you in the near future, Regards, Simon

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went here for my parent's Golden Wedding anniversary meal. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the food was simply superb. We went in early to hand over the table decorations and when we all arrived together a bit later, the staff had decorated the table for us. They also ensured we had a table with great views over the beach (the restaurant has huge glass windows to make the most of the location & views). The meal was excellent and none of us could finish it sadly but for those who have a big appetite & like good food then this is the place to go. My parents were absolutely delighted and went back the next day especially to thank the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy T

Many thanks for writing a lovely review at your stay at the Imperial. I shall pass on all your wonderful comments to all members of the team, especially the team members that helped to decorate the table. They really appreciate guests acknowledging their hard work. We are very privileged to be located in such a beautiful area with magical views. I’m so glad your parents had such a nice time with us for this special occasion. We hope it won’t be long till you return. Kind regards, Simon

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went with Shearings coaches and had a good stay. Staff very friendly but we came across two problems. The room we were given,no 5 ,was very spacious and comfortable but we were here when it was bitterly cold weather. Wind was blowing through the single glazed patio door and no matter how we tried to block it out we were very cold at night even with the radiator on full.The other concern was that at meal times hot food was often lukewarm.However,we would stay here again if we returned to Tenby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank barbararA3779WX

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very privileged to be located in such a beautiful area with a magical view but also when the weather is cold and the winds strong like it was that week, we can get affected at the hotel. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and I will speak to maintenances to address the situation with the draft coming through and also with the kitchen team about the meals. It is pleasing to read, that you enjoyed the stay with us and that you will be back when I can assure you will see a great improvement. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial. Regards, Simon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here. Comfortable room, very good food, staff very attentive and friendly. Cannot fault it. Very good menu with plenty of choice.
The restaurant overlooks the sea as does the bar on the ground floor, so lovely views while enjoying the friendly ambience.
The location is stunning, but the comments above added to the enjoyment of our stay and we will definitely return next year.
Refurbishment done so far is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frances D
Simon M, General Manager at The Imperial Tenby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Many thanks for posting your comments regarding your stay at the Imperial. I shall pass on all your lovely comments to all members of the team. We are very privileged to be located in such a beautiful area with magical views. Our Hotel does strive to offer good value for money and it is pleasing that you felt we delivered this to you. I’m looking forward to seeing you next year. Regards, Simon

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Visited for Sunday lunch with two toddlers and made to feel very welcome. Really enjoyed whole experience. Staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating. Food was very tasty. Views absolutely spectacular!
Will look forward to going back.
Diolch yn fawr.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mrhian

Many thanks for taking the time to post a great review. I will pass all your comments to all relevant staff as they really appreciate when guest do acknowledge them. I am glad that you enjoyed the Sunday Lunch and you experienced at the Imperial hotel and I am pleased you enjoyed the fantastic view that the Imperial have to offer from our restaurant and lounges. Please look at our website or call direct to the hotel for more information and I hope to see you again in the near future.
Diolch yn fawr am eich geiriau caredig(I believe to be, Many thanks for your kind words) I hope I spelt them correct Regards, Simon

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night break, sea room view magic. The staff were excellent and smartly dressed. The food was delicious and nicely presented, Only one thing wrong, having paid £20.00 to park in hotel car park wich only holds 9 cars we found it to be the staff car park, every time we entered or left it we had to find the menbers of staff to move their cars. I hope the staff also payed to park there.

Room Tip: Sea view room a must.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Imperial. It is always nice to read nice reviews about the staff and the food. They really appreciate that guests acknowledge their hard work so I will pass your comments. I am sorry to hear about the car park space. We are recently review the car park situation and I can assure you it will be a remarkable change in your next visit. I am glad you enjoy the views and the service provide by the staff. Hope to see you soon. Regards, Simon