“Lovely welcoming stay..”
Review of Myrtle House Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tenby
Myrtle House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Llwyn-y-pia, null, United Kingdom
“Lovely welcoming stay..”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at Myrtle House last week for two nights as it was the blues festival weekend. Jan and Rob are lovely, warm and kind people who made us welcome and Rob even took us around the corner to a free parking space! Our room at the top of the house was pretty, clean, comfortable and cosy with its own little en-suite. Breakfast was lovely with a choice of cooked food, toast, juice and cereals..mmm! Myrtle house is situated in a quiet street, minutes away from the esplanade and the fabulous beach. We were lucky because the weather was sunny and mild just right for a stroll along the sand. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit - Tenby is a pretty, and relaxing place with plenty of shops and things to see, and we would definitely go back to stay here again as Jan and Rob made us so welcome.

Room Tip: The family room at the top of the house was spacious and had a little view of the sea. It was also...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Wonderful place to stay--clean, quiet, cosy, run by a couple who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and who want your stay at Myrtle House and Tenby to be a good one. As soon as you know you are going to be in Tenby I would check here first. My room was on the top floor. It is off season in Tenby so Myrtle House wasn't completely full but it was very quiet. At night I opened up my window and could hear the waves on the shore. My room was spotlessly clean, my bed comfortable, the linens fresh, my vegetarian diet catered too. I had an "en suite" room (toilet included) but peeked in the hallway bathrooms which were always spotless. Some Americans have a reluctance to try out bath-down-the-hall accommodations but certainly here and in other places in Europe I have stayed that has never been a problem. They are well-maintained and usually enough per floor that the wait time is negligible. As I said, if you are beginning your search for a place in Tenby, take my recommendation and the recommendation of so many other people and immediately book in. Not only will you get a great value for your money, but in the charm of Myrtle House and the graciousness of the hosts your stay will be a memorable one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
aberbargoed
Reviewed October 5, 2012

we stayed there in sept 12 for a stress free break and that is what we got . was given a lovely warm welcome by jan +rob , even found us free parking in tenby which was a bonus . welcomed us with a lovely cuppa ,and nothing is to much trouble , rooms were lovely and clean , food was excellent , and the location is ideal . will definitely look at booking there again in near future .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colin k
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed two nights as a last minute booking in September. Jan and Rob are lovely people and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious, with a really comfy bed and en-suite bathroom (my only little gripe was the shower, which was only okish) The breakfast was excellent and nothing was to much trouble. The location is great, right in the centre of Tenby so the shops, restaurants, beach etc are all within a few minutes walking distance as is the long stay car park which was only £2 for 24 hours. We would both look to stay here again next time we're in Tenby

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SueBWales
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

In comparison to some of the reviews here mine may seem a little churlish and I don't want and don't intend to put anyone off.
The welcome and the service was friendly, helpful and everything one could ask for. Breakfast was great, nothing too much trouble.
Here comes the but. The room was clean but was showing signs of needing some work, the door was cracked at the bottom; although the mattress was comfortable I don't like iron bedsteads, they are uncomfortable to sit against; the grouting was turning black in parts, don't get me wrong it was clean but needed refreshing; the sink was minute, not good to shave in for that reason. I know I'm being picky but this place consistently gets five stars and well . . . I'm not sure. The lounge just looked tired, there was a lot of stuff all over the place, pictures, nick nacks in the dining room.
Would I go back, without hesitation, the value for money was excellent for a single person. The owner is lovely, so much is good, free wi-fi for example. for me not quite 5 star though.
Don't let me put you off though as you are unlikely to be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bodenseetoggenburg
Reviewed August 14, 2012

On arrival we were given such a warm welcome & shown to our room which was comfortable & spotlessly clean. The owner kindly provided refreshments as we had had a long journey & arrived quite late. The bed was very comfortable & we woke refreshed & looking forward to our breakfast which was well presented & very enjoyable- again with a high level of friendly service. We both enjoyed our stay & would definately visit again.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank pinkpoppies
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Cozy place, centrally located and Jan gave us a memorable service. Truly a remarkable service level! Example: before we came to Tenby, Jan hooked us up with 50%-discount tickets to the national botanical garden by phoning the manager. Then she called us up again and said it was taken care of, unbelievably considerable woman! Great breakfast as well.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family