“Perfect Start”
Review of Wychwood House

Wychwood House
Ranked #5 of 53 Tenby B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This was the start of our walk along the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path. What a perfect start to a great holiday. We stayed there on 13th September 2011. We were made very welcome by Lee, and our rooms were of a high standard. Breakfast was excellent, and again this was hosted by Lee who ensured we had all we wanted. There were other guests dining, Lee removed any barriers that there may have been, and we were all exchanging information about the area.
I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tim H

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Thank You Lee and Mherly for the best B&B experience we have had and would advise any persons visiting Tenby to not overlook this Gem of a Guest House.
Lee the proprietor was welcoming and nothing was too much trouble to make our stay a happy one.
The Wychwood is located in a perfect location in the pretty village of Penally a short walk/drive into Tenby and a safe place to leave the car.
Lee is an excellent host and cook and the rooms are very spacious and very clean.
We will be returning again and look forward to seeing Lee and Mherly in the New Year.

Room Tip: for couples take the four poster bedroom with balcony and views over garden/sea and Caldey Island
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank b w
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Lee & Mherly are great hosts, really made us feel welcome & went out of their way to help us & our daughters.

Great cooked breakfast, lovely room - spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Lee is a relaxed host
The house is large and airy so you feel very private
Nice area with easy access to tenby the beach

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank gingermegs
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We have been visiting Wychwood house regularly for the last 15 years and we love it. There's always a warm welcome and a friendly, homely atmosphere. Lee and Mherly certainly knows his business and always succeeds in producing more lovely holiday memories; not to mention outstanding home cooking.
Wychwood House has a very high standard of comfort and cleanliness, it is situated in a gorgeous setting with lovely views and only a short walk to the beach and we look forward to many more happy visits in future – see you very soon guys. Andrew, Sue & Harriet.

Room Tip: All are of a high standard.
Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank andrew g
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I booked this b&b as a last minute option for the Ironman contest.....and I'm so glad now that all the other b&bs were full!! The b&b is in Penally which is 5 minutes drive from Tenby town centre, and the building itself is gorgeous - very picturesque with red ivy climbing up the wall. The lobby and all the rooms are large and very tastefully decorated and I couldn't believe my luck when I was shown my room, which I have to say Lee went out of his way to book for me. Lee was most helpful from the time I first phoned up to when I checked out and when I arrived I was brought some milk and Welsh cakes to my room - it was the little touches like that that make this place so wonderful.

The room was superb - views of the sea, loads of cupboard/wardrobe space, huge 4 poster bed and a luxury sized bathroom. Extra little touches such as the lovely shower gel, hand cream, choice of refreshments etc all made this the perfect stay for me (on a personal note the hairdryer and shower were also exactly what I would want in my house so that ticked even more boxes!)

Due to the Ironman starting at 7am, a few of us had to be up very early. This wasn't a problem for Lee, he set up a small selection of breakfast items for us, told us to help ourselves to anything in the fridge in the kitchen and even left a lovely good luck note. It was lovely to come back in the evenings and find him and Mherly in the living room watching the TV, on the internet or just listening to music (all the latest technology which I was very impressed with!) at which point he would always ask how your day had been.

I was late back one morning (technically only 5 minutes left for breakfast) but even this wasn't a problem, he ushered me into the breakfast room and I was offered a full breakfast which he and his wife cooked there and then for me without any complaint.

In short, if you are anywhere within 10 miles of Tenby, you should stay here and nowhere else!!! Thank you Lee and Mherly for such a lovely weekend - I wish I didn't have to leave!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachael C
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We booked a three night break for relaxation and that is exactly what we got. Our hosts were friendly and welcoming. The accommodation was very comfortable and Lee's cooking outstanding.

We parked the car when we arrived, and were made at home immediately - we never moved the car until it was time to come home. Starting the day with a superb breakfast, we were within easy walking of Tenby and beautiful beaches - and at the end of every day, we returned to a great welcome and amazing evening meal. All round brilliant time. We will be returning to enjoy the hospitality at Wychwood House.

Room Tip: We had a great en suite room with balcony and sea views, brilliant
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple