“Perfect”

Panorama Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Me and my boyfriend wanted a relaxed hotel with a sea view. We didn't want a big hotel full of bus tours neither did we want to be too be in a tiny b and b. The panorama is perfect. The owner was hospitable and easy going. The room was super clean and and decorated tastefully. Bed comfy and felt new along with the rest of the room. The views we worked out due to location must be the best on the espanade. You really have a panoramic view including south beach, and caldey island. We had a superior sea view room with a huge bay window(we were upgraded due to cancellations from the snow 22/3/13) . Breakfast was cooked to order and lovely. Overall a perfect weekend.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Pipskinz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
cardiff
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our first holiday with our 1 year old daughter was made stressfree and enjoyable by all the staff at the hotel. The room had ample space to accomodate all of our luggage and the view out to Caldey Island kept her entertained for hours. The staff were kind enough to allow us to store our buggy in reception over night and even made a special baby 'cooked breakfast' (scrambled egg and soliders!) - a big hit with our daughter! The breakfasts were delicious and offered everything you needed. The room was spotlessly clean and the mints on the pillows on arrival were a lovely touch. The hotel is definitely value for money and had everything we needed for our long weekend away.
We would definitely recommend the hotel to others and will hopefully be back for another visit soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rhian f
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Lovely greeting on arrival beautiful room with the most wonderful views I understand why it is called panorama as the view from the window shows the whole of the south beach and the sound of the sea in the night and the morning is so relaxing.
Spotlessly clean with nice little touches very welcoming we have booked again :-)

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the moment I booked this break for me and my girlfriend, I knew we were in for a treat. Although the booking process was much more laidback than I am accustomed to, it really set the scene for a relaxing holiday with all our needs catered for.

The hotel is located a stone’s throw from the beach providing glorious views of the sea; Caldey Island and St. Catherine’s Island. Hotel parking is limited, but there is a secure seafront car park a very short walk up the road. We paid £15 for 4 days (3 nights) which allowed us to come and go as we pleased.

We had booked a sea view and weren’t disappointed, splendid! The room was the perfect size with a perfect sized en-suite. The room did get a little chilly at times, when the wind blew, but nothing to really complain about. Plus, there was a heater in the room in case the chill was too much and a blanket in the wardrobe.

The breakfasts were really one of the decision makers for our stay and they did not disappoint. Although the presentation and the dining room was not really my cup of tea, the breakfasts were just delicious, accompanied with a fantastic sea view each morning. I don’t mean to labour the point, but the breakfasts were prefect to set us up for long day of site seeing and considerably better than other hotel and B&B breakfasts that I have had in the past.

Throughout our stay the service was… spot… on! The hostess (who unfortunately we don’t know the name of) and her family were really friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 3 - panoramic bay window with glorious sea view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, East Midlands
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Panaroma Hotel towards the end of 2012, and we had a wonderful time. Having read the reviews here first, I had initially requested a room overlooking the sea. Subsequently, at my wife's request, I called to specifically request a room with a bath in the en-suite bathroom. The owner was particularly helpful and in fact provided both - we stayed in a room which had recently been redecorated and which had a fantastic view out to Caldey Island.

The room itself was a little small, but perfectly comfortable (I am given to understand we would have had a larger room had I not asked to change for one which also had a bath). The room had been freshly redecorated in a light colour which, coupled with the fact that the old sash window was very large, meant that the room was nice and bright. There was only one negative point to note about the room in my opinion - while not sufficient to cause me to drop a mark, I feel it worth mentioning just so other potential travellers can make their own minds up. My only negative point was concerning the vary large sash window. As might be expected from am old property, the window was not only difficult to open (and it was even more difficult to make it STAY open) but it was massively drafty even when fully closed. The fact that it was difficult to get it to stay open wasn't a problem, as it was rather cold outside - though this may be an issue on a hot day; but certainly the draft might be a problem for other travellers. For us it was a simple matter of "sealing" the window with paper - this immediately stopped the draft and we had no further concerns. I feel certain that had it actually been a problem for us, the owner would have offered to move us to a different room. Other than that, we found the room very comfortable. The biscuits, tea, coffee, milk etc were properly restocked each day; the TV had all the UK channels you'd expect, and everything worked as it should. An oil-filled heater was supplied which meant that the room was nice and warm - and the walls were suitably thick that we didn't get disturbed by any of the other guests. The only real noise we could hear was the crashing of the sea against the cliffs below - but personally I thought this was a bonus more than anything else; while loud it was also oddly comforting.

As previously mentioned, the owner was very helpful when I initially booked the room - and she also gave us a very warm welcome when we arrived. She made a decent cooked breakfast *if you're familar with the term think of it as a "full English breakfast", but of course this was served in Wales; you may perhaps think of it as a "full Welsh breakfast" but without the laverbread, and without cockles or anything else along those lines). That is to say: egg, sausage, bacon, beans, and tomatoes and toast served with tea and/or coffee. There was also a selection of croissants, Welsh cakes, and cereals - along with a couple of different types of fruit juice.

We were very happy with where we stayed, and we will hopefully be staying again next time we're in Tenby.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the sea - the view really is pretty awesome.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gutt3d
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

hadafantastic three nights break at thepanorama last weekend 27th 28 and 29th being my birthday what a wonderful place to stay so relaxing the rooms were clean and lovely furnished or bedroom overlooked the sea the breakfasts were so tasty nothing was too much trouble debbie is a wonderful host eating cooked breakfast overlooking the sea on my birthay couldnt have asked to spend my birthday anywhere else cant wait to go back

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the sea
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 237chrisj
Bristol
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a lovely weekend in Tenby staying in the Panorama.
The weather was spectacular and the views from our room were amazing.
The Panorama is a handsome Victorian property directly on the Esplanade of Tenby's South Beach.
The hotel is well decorated and very clean.
The welcome is extremely friendly.
Our room was a large room with an uninstructed view.
Breakfast is served in the dining room and is delicious. Try the eggs benedict, it's a winner!
A lovely hotel in a lovely town. Give it a go.

• Stayed October 2012