“Lovely place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Saltern Caravan Park
Ranked #3 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Tenby
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We visited Tenby over the Spring Bank holiday this year and have been at various times over the past twenty years.We always stay at Saltern Caravan Park and it is always a pleasure to do so.
The site is only 8 to 10 minutes walk into Tenby town.You can park next to your van which is a great bonus as most of the B&Bs in town don't have parking.There is also a very convenient Spar shop and petrol station almost on the door step.
The park is lovely and quiet and beautifully maintained.The vans are always clean and well equipped.Julie the owner is very friendly,welcoming and accommodating.I would highly recommend
this park to anyone wishing to visit Tenby.We will be back next year!

Sue from Birmingham

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sue_basham

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Me and my partner stayed at the Saltern Caravan park at the beginning of may for 8 nights what a great lovely quiet caravan park it was. Caravan was lovely and clean when we arrived no problems with the stay of caravan park at all. The owners of the caravan park were always around each day to speak to or ask any questions. When me and my partner went we had great sunny sunshine weather so that was an extra bonus, both came back with lovely brown tans. The caravan park is in a great loc only a short walk to tenby town and the nearest spar shop is only around a 4 min walk from the caravan site. I would recommend this place to stay for couples & family's...thank you for a great stay and will be returning to the caravan site in the future...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andrea2504
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Fabulous family run caravan park, within walking distance to beaches, shops and restaurants. This caravan park has immaculately kept grounds and lovely clean caravans. The owners were always close at hand. We have stayed here many times and had terrific family holidays in the past few years. We are looking forward to coming here again this year and we would recommend this caravan park to anyone looking for a great family holiday.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank julian_golding
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Myself, my husband and our two daughters (age 6 and 1) stayed at Saltern Caravan Park for a weeks holiday between 3 and 10 August 2013. I have been coming to Tenby for holidays since I was a small child which is over 30 years!! We had a fantastic time, much helped by the superb location of the caravan park. I don’t think we have ever been better placed to explore the area in and around Tenby. Julie, the owner was lovely, a fountain of knowledge regarding the area. The caravans are of a high standard, clean and very well looked after. The grounds of the caravan park are maintained again to a high standard. We had some lovely sunny weather resulting in days on the beach along with some torrential rain resulting in days wandering around town. Both were equally enjoyable. I cannot recommend this caravan site highly enough. We as a family cannot wait to return next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathryn T
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I first started visiting this caravan park with my parents when I was a baby. 40 years on I keep coming back here with my children. Yes the site is small and the vans a few years old but they are clean and are Excellent value for money. The park itself is a 10 min walk into town and the fantastic beaches Tenby has to offer or the Park and ride bus service stops outside the gates for a free ride into town.

The caravans have an outside area so we take some folding chairs and buy a cheap BBQ that we give away when we leave. The site is next to a road but I find after a couple of nights that I don't notice traffic noise and as this site generally atracts familys and couples there is no drunken rowdiness late at night when people come home.

Compare the price of this site to Kiln Park next door ! excellent value for money, great location (Tenby is a fantastic holiday destination) and hopefully my kids will take me there in another 40 years time !

Room Tip: The caravans at the top of the site get the most of the sunshine as there is fewer trees.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ian T
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have recently come home from my 6th year in a row of staying at Saltern Caravan park ( and not the last !!)
It is family run by Julie and Chris who work hard to help in anyway they can, keep the grounds looking great, are always friendly and helpful by extending a warm welcome to all their guests.
It is a short walk toTenby and a bus stop a short walk through the car park if you havent got transport and wanted to visit other places in and around Tenby.
I have to say for me there is nowhere i'd rather stay than here ! and I wouldnt stay anywhere else in Tenby!
It is a quiet small caravan park where the children can play safely and 'call for their friends!' ( something which isnt safe everywhere!) My children had a lovely time in the park which is small but safe and they made games up with the other children on the park.
You can't beat value for money either as the caravans are very reasonable to rent and eqiupped with all you need to cook in your caravan.( the supermarket is only a 10 minute walk away)
Why not take a portable barbecue and table and chairs as there is an area outside the caravan to sit and enjoy the sun and eat outside. We did and enjoyed a small party for my mother in law who was also staying on the caravan park for her 60th birthday.
They have facilities to wash and dry your clothes if needed and washing lines outside the caravans to enable you to dry your beach clothes.
The leisure centre is 5 minutes away which can provide you with a swimming pool.
When i go to Tenby eachtime i feel i am coming home but especially when staying here as it is like home to me!
If it's a quiet and peaceful holiday you are after in Tenby you really can't go wrong with this carvan park.
Julie and Chris i can't wait for next year when we are going to be with you for 2 weeks of the summer holidays and that was my children's choice ( when we asked them) as well as ours over a larger caravan park . I think thats speaks for its self!
Why not try Saltern Caravan Park for yourself i'm sure you wont be dissappointed if its the quieter life you want!

Room Tip: Ask Julie when booking and she will provide help and advice on the most suitable caravan for your ne...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Emma19Caerphilly
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This is the second year in a row that we have been to this caravan site. Situated only a 10 minute walk or 5 minute free bus ride from the town centre and the beautiful beaches. The caravan is not modern but is clean and basically equipped. There is a small play area and clothes washing facilities and a petrol station with Spar shop just off the site. Sainsburys is only 5 mins walk and we had Tesco deliver to us on the first day. There are no other frills but if like us you have no need or use for club houses and swimming complexes then this site is ideal at an excellent price compared to Kiln Park. You could even come on the train as the station is 5 mins away but you can't hear it! Thanks for another great family holiday

• Stayed: August 2013