“Wouldn't go again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Tenby
Newport, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had read mixed reviews on this hotel, but was disappointed by my stay. The room had a stunning view, but was very outdated and creaky. I'm usually happy with cheap and cheerful, but apart from the bar area this hotel was drab and soulless. I was particularly unimpressed by the seventies style blankets on the bed, I'm sure that they could invest in a few duvets!! The breakfast was poor and buffet style, so didn't have the nice fresh taste that you usually get at a seaside B&B. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank lgaskell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Southwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have just returned from a 5 day break at the Belgravewith C B Tours. this is the 2nd time we have been there & both times have been excellent. The food is great with choices for each course, and was delicious and well presented. The hotel was running a special deal half board plus a packed lunch on 3 days & tea & cake 2 days & a free bar 6pm-11 also good evening entertainment. our room was clean warm & comfortable with a great view of Caldy Island & the beach. The only downside is the amount of stairs. The lift stops between floors so you have to go up or down a flight of stairs to get to your rooms. we will be coming back hopefully with better weather. Keep up the good work Mr T & your team you are all great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marilyn F
Runcorn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

On my stay with my husband at the end March 2014, we had such a great time that I had to write a review. The hotel itself was excellent, the staff and atmosphere was amazing, I cant fault it! The food was great and the free drinks were a plus! I would stay again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hazel R
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I feel I must write about this hotel. I was very apprehensive about staying here, as I had read some bad reviews, albeit from 2012/2013. They read that it was very dated and none too clean, and so on. On arrival it looked quite nice from outside, then on entering we were led into a lovely seated area with wooden flooring, and!, NO SMELL!, very modern decor and the bar area obviously modernized with tub chairs and adjustable tables. The staff were ever so friendly and helpful, with one exception, a rather humorless and none too glamorous receptionist woman, who spoke at you, this was a little uncomfortable at times. Excellent food every meal!!! And choices! My partner is diabetic and an evening snack was arranged for him for a supper every night. One other downside was an abundance of stairs! No problem for me but many older patrons struggled , as the lift was up a flight of stairs! I would easily recommend this small hotel, and hope that the owners keep up with their standards, and improvements, and that it doesn't get "shabby" again! Obviously a sea view room adds to the stay! Yes I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Harrison-Scott
Bridgend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is the second time this year for my husband and myself to spend the weekend at this hotel and what a lovely stay we had. First the breakfast hot and plenty of it staff very helpful and happy . Our room was lovely and warm, clean and excellent views. Prices in the bar were very reasonable will be coming here again.

Room Tip: Top floor room 401 has a lovely view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank barbarathomas7
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from an all inclusive break it was fantastic! The food was great, plenty of it. The staff, and owner were very helpful. The hotel was clean and well furnished. Our group all agree it was the best holiday we have had in the U.K. We will definitely return.
Well there was one complaint! It just wasn't long enough!
The company we booked through Plimbley Travel were most friendly, and helpful.
Also our coach driver Colin of Gee Vee Travel was very informative , and friendly.

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Janet D
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

6 of us have just got back from a holiday at The Belgrade Hotel, what a great holiday we have had. Everything was excellent can find no fault at all. All the staff went out of their way to make your holiday good. The owner Malcom saw us off every day on the trips we went on. We were all inclusive and had packed lunches and tea, coffee, and cakes when we came back from our trips. I would recommend this hotel and will certainly be back. Many thanks to all the staff for such an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends