The Clarence House Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$83
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Cottage Court Hotel(Tenby)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssea viewedwards coachesbowls tourgrade listed buildingcoach tripcoach partywet roombar pricessea frontturkey and tinselon arrivalentertainment every nightcaldey islandoverlooking the beachsmall roomthe cliffbeer garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Thankfully we only had to stay the one night, the hotel needs a complete refurb, its tired and has mismatched furniture throughout. Take an iron with you, as it took the receptionist over 2 hours to find me one, The breakfast was awful, really cheap ingrediants, and cheap teabags and coffee, the shower was so small, it was like showering in a wardrobe. Nice location, but thats all that this hotel has to offer, and the night porter came into our room twice in the night "by mistake", and when I complained at reception I was fobbed off. Never again, what a waste of money.

Room Tip: dont book this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie J
clarhot, Front Office Manager at The Clarence House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Madam, I was on duty when you checked out on Monday morning and I am surprised at your comment that you were 'fobbed off'. Neither one of us was given the impression that you were wanting a discount, especially as you were so friendly at the time.
We were actually both very concerned about your claim that someone had twice unlocked your bedroom door that night as each key is unique to each door and we could not understand how something like that could have happened. I know you had said that your door was locked when I was asking you about it, but some of our guests DO get confused over how our locks work and think that they have locked their bedroom door, while in fact, it is not locked. After your departure, my colleague checked your bedroom door, lock and keys and all worked perfectly. We have consequently discovered that the duty receptionist went into your room by accident when she meant to go into the room next door to sort something out. Even she cannot understand how she made such a mix up - an act of which both she and I are deeply sorry and apologetic about.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Midweek break with a group, wonderfull staff, good food, bar prices and entertainment. However the double room would be better as a single. One can see how Premier Inns hope to poach customers from these types of hotels

Room Tip: Do not book a double without first checking it out.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
clarhot, Front Office Manager at The Clarence House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff, food, bar prices and entertainment. I am sorry about the room, but we are a Grade 2, 2 star hotel and nearly every room is a different shape and size. We have never had the luxury of being a purpose built hotel like Premier Inns.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

on our trip we were a group of 39 people of mixed ages 40 plus we stayed from friday to monday,
everybody had a good time, the rooms were very good and clean if you needed anything you just had to ask the staff they were very helpful and always smiling.
the meals were good, the entertainment good, happy three hours was ok
we had nice sea views. all in all a excellent holiday would book another one there

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. You were a wonderful group! Don't forget to look at your photographs on our Clarence Hotel Tenby Facebook page!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for one night on 30th March 2013, part of a birthday treat, or not as it turned out. We were told on the phone when booking that we had a garden room, twin. We arrived and were on top floor, sea view if you stand on tiptoe. The beds were awful, full of lumps and broken springs. You could feel the bumps if you ran your hand over the bed so beware and check when you are allocated a room. We did not notice till we arrived back late at night and therefore did not complain till morning. Plus the window did not seal properly and there was a howling gale blowing in onto the beds (beds were beneath the window). Second grumble was the breakfast, I ordered some grapefruit and a full breakfast. I was still eating my grapefruit when the waitress brought the breakfast, I do prefer to eat them separately. Breakfast was almost as cold as the grapefruit, I think they cook and dish up onto plates in the kitchen and then leave the food out until the waitress collects it. They did refund part of our money but this does not make up for a bad night.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor sea view room on the corner of the property, the window is very draughty and the beds are awful, full of lumps and broken springs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
clarhot, Front Office Manager at The Clarence House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Madam, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your break with us. I am having the mattress replaced as soon as possible. Maintenace has attended to the window. We are a Grade 11 listed building and are only allowed certain types of windows on our front. I apologize about your breakfast arriving while you were eating your grapefruit. All our guests are unique and like different types of service. I appreciate your mentioning that you were given a refund when you mentioned your problems to the receptionist.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am an organizer of group tours for pensioner. I was delighted with the way they hotel treated my clients. The staff were helpful kind and always had a smile for everyone. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was good. The hotel was clean. The entertainment was good. All in all a very good holiday was had by all. We will be using this hotel again in the future.

1  Thank joanna h

Thank you very much for you lovely review.