“Great fun, great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Surrey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great fun, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I tried the 40 minute introductory session after visiting the dinosaur park next door (also great). It was a small group of just 5 people, mixed ages. The instructor was great - clear, patient and fun. And it's really easy to pick up. We all had personal instruction but we weren't hanging around waiting. Much cheaper than any other similar segway tours I've seen and great fun - we laughed for pretty much the whole time! Will be back for a longer session!

1 Thank Andy S

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly addictive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

After visiting the Dinosaur Park for many years with my young son, Makin Tracks had always caught my eye on the way in. So this Aug bank holiday, 2 friends and I decided to take the plunge and go for a taster session on the Segways. A bit nervous at first, but once we got our balance and understood how to control them we were off! The instructor was great, very patient and put us completely at ease. I was sorry we only booked the taster session (which lasted around 40 mins) as we were completely hooked and it's on the list to return very soon either for the Dino Safari or Farm Trek. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Goldfish1000
Redditch, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A lot of fun, 'epic' according to my 10 year old”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited twice, first time we did paint-ball shooting, tanks and Segway intro - my daughter did quad bikes as she is too small (8) for a Segway. Important note on Segways: the rider needs to weight at least 45kg to be allowed to ride, they do check on the scales so no trying to fib!
Paint-ball was OK, not fired one before but pellets soon go, take your time!
Daughter enjoyed the quads, they are very small ideal for younger ones under 10 really.
The tanks we all enjoyed, not very fast but challenging fun to drive, the short control levers take quite a bit of force to keep pushed to go, especially for younger ones, gloves can be provided to help, ask before starting! They are quite bumpy but OK.
Segways were the highlight, very smooth riding and strange experience, to hand over responsibility for balancing upright to the machine.
My tip is don't bother with the taster, go straight for the farm trek option, its only a little bit more expensive and includes what you get (basic training and practice) in the taster anyway.
By the time you have done the practice the actual trek doesn't seem very long but you get a chance to go full speed (it feels pretty fast!!) over open fields for some distance. Epic fun.
Staff were great, helpful and safety conscious. Plenty of picnic benches for those waiting or an indoor waiting room with toilets. In summary, a quick way to get through a fair few quid but my sons clear winner as highlight of our holiday. I loved it too.
The place is right next to the dinosaur place so you could combine visits or take younger ones to dinosaurs whilst older ones do Segways...

1 Thank Rob_and_Ann_kids
Cardiff, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Combined, this is a fun experience but a bit brief”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stopped by here after a visit to the Dinosaur Park. We opted for the combination ticket which was £25 for a go on the segways, the tanks and the paintball. I'm not really sure how much I would pay if someone offered me the chance to do this normally as it is a bit random to try and put a price on it. However, as it was our last morning in Tenby we decided to give it a go. The whole thing was done in less than an hour probably, so it doesn't last long. Saying that, the segways were a lot of fun and the older chap that showed us how they work was very friendly. The segways lasted around 20 mins so you don't get long, for some who prefer the other activities that might not be an issue. The tanks were fun, and you get to go round several times on a small course, operating the machine all on your own which is pretty fun. The course, however, is a bit uncomfortable and probably not for anyone with a dodgy back or painful coccyx bone. They are fun to operate though so I am not complaining, they were just a bit uncomfortable, but maybe that's part of the fun too. The paintball was over in a flash, shooting at a number of targets with approximately 30 balls I think it was. Again, it was fun, having never done it before, but this part of the Combi ticket lasted literally 5 mins. I believe you can pick and choose which of the activities you want to do, so if you don't like one you can do just two, for example.

2 Thank Rich P
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

excellent fun and very helpful staff. we had a great time on the segways and would definitely go back again. recommend this to anyone who goes to tenby! thanks :-)

1 Thank Kelly_D_James888