“Nice Campsite-shame about the staff & look out for the Gulls!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven
Ranked #2 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Tenby
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I camped at Kiln Park in June for 5 nights with my husband, 12 year old son and another couple. We had 2 (2) man tents and a pup tent, so we had to buy 2 pitches at £90 per pitch. On arrival, check in was very quick and smooth we were directed to the camping field from reception and then shown to our pitch. The pitches are not marked, you are just told where you are and then you set your own site - we pitched the 2 tents and 1 pup tent on what was equivilent to 1 pitch as 1 pitch allows a tent that sleeps up to 10 people. Prior to going to Kiln Park I checked their T&C's on their website and it states that some parks allow pup tents at a cost of £3 per night, so I was quite prepared to pay the extra for my sons pup tent.
The person who showed us to our pitch was called Jim, Jim said that this park doesnt allow pup tents or gazebos (but does allow awnings??) but told us to pitch our tents and he would come back and have a chat with us shortly, I took this to mean he would come back and we would pay the advertised £3 per night. Jim didnt return until the next day, he explained that our tents should be displaying the tags provided in our 'welcome pack' and as they were not security had been round and left a note on our tents requesting we do so otherwise they werent to know we belonged on site which is fair enough. At this point Jim said that we would need to go to reception and pay for the pup tent, he said only to pay from that night (the 2nd night) and if it were down t him, we wouldnt pay but now security had been round we had to pay to obtain tag - again fair enough as £3 per night is no big deal.
We walked to reception and told them that we would like to pay for our pup tent, she seemed shocked as Jim doesnt usually allow pup tents. We explained that it was Jim who had sent us and she contacted him via radio. She came back from the back and said that she had just spoken to Jim and he hadnt sent us nor does he accept pup tents!! I maintained that Jim had sent us but she quite abruptly said, Jim says he didnt and that was that. My husband said we would take up with Jim and asked if we could pay the cost of having another pitch to which she replied you need to pay for last night and the next 4, the total cost being £40 which apparantley was the disconnected rate! I told her that Jim had said we didnt need to pay for last night and that as it was alot more than the £3 per night I was expecting I would take the pup tent down and therefore not owe anything and my son could squeeze in with us. She was very unhelpful, said again we owed for last night and I said again that Jim had said differantly. At this point we decided best to discuss with Jim as someone was lying.
We walked back to site and spoke with Jim, he said that reception had radio'd through and said we were causing a disruption!! I can honestly say we were not. Jim explained that he doesnt want to charge us but blamed security, he then said if we pay him £10 (the cost for 1 night) he would write a tag for us to hang on our sons tent, this would mean that security would see a tag and problem solved. I would like to point out that the tags we had have the date of arrival and departure printed on but when Jim wrote the 1 for our sons tent, he only put the previous nights date on!!
I am still not sure to this day what was going on, it appears to be some sort of fiddle - if Jim could write tags, then why send us to reception? why lie to reception about what he said? The last thing I would like to write about this matter is that 2 days later we were sat round the camp when we saw Jim walking round, checking peoples tags even though he said it was security?? Very strange..........
Regarding Kiln park, it is very clean, it gets very busy and the seagulls are massive and very very aggresive!
We went into the club once but it was hot, expensive and very sub standard so we didnt go back. There is a Tesco and Sainsburys near by which is cheaper than the on site shop.
I would highly recommend the theme park, Oakwood. Its not as big as places like Alton towers but the rides they do have are excellant and 'Hydro' is not to be missed.
Tenby is beautiful and dispite our run in with Jim and reception, we would go back to Kiln Park again. When we went there was a heatwave, if the weather was rubbish then I'm not sure if we would have enjoyed as much as there wasnt much if any entertainment.
I would suggest that Kiln park marks out their pitches as I feel we should have only paid for 1 pitch being as 1 pitch can accomodate 10 people and there was only 5 of us but then I suppose they will lose money

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank BusinessShropshire

Reviewed July 15, 2009

Just back from a week in kiln park , Tenby . we booked a supior plus mobile home and it was clean and as described in haven brochure. - my big complaint was with the kids entertainment , which was upstairs - past an amusment arcade in the SHOWBAR. Five staff call themselves 'funstars' and have a kids program running at nights, after their show they advertise there goods on stage. (ie flashing pom poms, bags, torches,watches and other rubbish). There is a hugh selling emphasis on these goods and tell the kids to go and get 5 pounds off there grownups for the stuff. I can only suppose that the funstars are on hugh commission to sell there goods.
After the kids entertainment is over, the same five funstars put on nightly cabaret, by the end of the week I was sick of looking and listening to them. The showbar is filthy, the tables were all sticky and stained, the carpet smelt of p!ss and looked like something from the 70's .
During the day they have kids activiies advertisied eg football, tennis etc., my son went on numerous times to book these activities (extra charge of 5 pounds) and only to be told on each occasion that no staff had turn up,- activities cancelled etc.
Kiln park has an indoor and outdoor pool which both had slides, but the slides were blocked off and could not be used and they did not have enough lifeguards on duty.
Tenby is a lovely fishing village, But I will not be visiting Kiln park again.

Reviewed July 12, 2009

We booked a 2 night stay for £22 (basic pitch) at Kiln Park camping Poppy field, just basically to try out our new tent.
Booking procedure was quick and efficient online, when we arrived to book into reception was quick and staff were helpful and friendly, so was the warden on the field.
We had plenty of space to pitch up, and wern't to far away from the communal toilet/shower block, which seamed clean enough.
We had free passes to get into the indoor entertainment complex, but only went the once, it was so hot in there and very loud and noisy with all the gaming machines, really dissapointed with the indoor soft play area which was tiny! and the few tables in that area were absolutely filthy!
We popped upstairs to the entertainment area, which had the usual games for the kids, my 3yr old loved it.
Our only real complaint was the noise from a certain tent on both nights! 4 adults with families who were determined and succeeded in keeping the whole field awake till 3am each morning! Although after a phone call to security, who swiftly arrived and put a stop to the racket we eventually managed to get some sleep.
All in all it was a cheap couple of days, with a few extras thrown in, and we would go back for a weekend, but dont think I could stay there for a week or longer.

1  Thank 32swales
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Having just returned from Kiln Park I am looking through the Haven Broucher to book again!!! We booked a Standard Plus 2 bedroom caravan, and we got a Spotless Standard Plus 3 Bedroom (which didn't bother us) with Toaster, Iorn and microwave. We paid £490 for this holiday so expected a budget holiday, but to our surprise had a fantastic time. I thought the staff could not have been more helpful, they were fantastic with the kids and the entertainment and activities has us left exhausted after the week. Prior to our holiday I had read the reviews below and I was so worried I considered cancelling or trying to rebook to another park. Thank God I didn't and would highly recommend this park, but take into consideration it is a Caravan Holiday Park aimed at children not a 5 star Luxury Hotel with Spa Treatments!!!! We did day trips to Oakwood and Folly Park which were only 15 minutes away and the beautiful town of Teny was 5 minutes away. What more could you ask for? Our kids had a fantastic holiday and want to go again.

2  Thank Happycampers32
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We've just returned from Haven, where we hired a Prestige static caravan, the most expensive available. Having been to many Haven sites we were very disappointed with the mobile home. It stank of cigarette smoke, the carpets were filthy and sticky and the beds were uncomfortable, and the kitchen had a tiny frying pan, two wine glasses (caravan was 8 berth) and one mug, no bowls.There was no toaster and the grill could only accommodate 1 piece of bread at a time. The oven took an hour to heat, the hob took 40 mins to heat a small saucepan of water. The shower holder was broken so one arm was needed to direct the water flow. On the up side our kids had a wonderful time on their club under 15's rugby tour but it was a domestic ordeal for their poor mother. Would I go again? Yes, but with the full contents of my kitchen cupboards, a toolbox, and carpet cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BateyBoy
Reviewed February 23, 2009

This site is in a fantastic position. Its right on the beach and a 25 minute walk from Tenby town centre. Tenby itself is a beautiful Welsh fishing village with lots of local shops and a couple of fab pubs and resaurants.
Kiln Park has so much to do for kids they will never be bored. They have an indoor and oudoor swimming pool, park area, arcade, soft play and every night they have kids entertainment.
The caravan we stayed in is extremely clean and well presented as well as being in a great position right next to the shop. The shop is well stocked and you canmost things you need here, though a little pricey. You can even get a fresh bacon buttie in the morning.
There is also loads to do around Tenby as well so just you will not be bored, even on a rainy day.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Moomiloo
Reviewed January 25, 2009

It was fab, the gold star caravan was lovely and cosy. It was two minuites from the beach and only five minuites from the town centre. The entertainmnt was OK, the swimming pool was OK, the shop was average.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ACNTB