“Great treat for kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven
Ranked #2 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Tenby
Europe
“Great treat for kids”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one week for a kiddies holiday, perfect for this great beach lovely town Tenby walking distance. Location was perferct for other attrations Oakwood and a must Foley Farm fantastic day out you wont see 7 hours pass you by.
Only down side but is the same in all the haven parks is the quality of food, it doesnt cater for anyone looking for good food only pre pack or deep fried meals, burgers or pizza but we knew that before we went.
Overall would return been to six differant havens and this is the best and cleanest. PS. More recycle areas need

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank mirrlachs1
Kiln P, Manager at Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hi Mirrlachs 1
Thank you very much for your lovely review about our park.
I’m really glad to hear that you and your family had the opportunity to get out and about and explore this stunning part of Wales.
We are always looking at ways of improving upon the products and services we supply and welcome as much feedback as possible. If you would be so kind as to email me healthy items you would like to see on our menus I will pass these on to our Complex Manager to have a look at for you. You can email me on kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com.
Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.

Kiln Park Holiday Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here the very first week of the easter holidays and the very first week this park was open to the public. I did not understand how it was so cheap for the holiday £270 for 4 nights including activity pass for top end caravan. It turned out that the easter holidays in Tenby started a week later....result!
Anyway it was freezing and I mean FREEZING! I was so worried about spending this time in a caravan hiding under the covers but when I arrived they had run the heaters on and if anything it was too hot and the caravan was simply stunning, what a relief. Definitely worth paying extra if you are going in the colder months.

The park was well maintained, close to the lovely main beach in Tenby, fantastic location for all the main attractions and Tenby town and really good shops on site for any bits and pieces you left behind.

My only problem with this park is that there are not many walk ways for pedestrians when walking around the park an also as it was quiet and I did not feel it was that well let I found myself looking over my shoulder when walking home from the entertainment with my young child (around 8 o clock) it was really dark near the part our caravan was. I also crossed paths with a drunken weirdo in the car park. Totally harmless ensure but for a young female I just did not feel comfortable....That is all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mahound29
Hi Manhound29

Thank you for writing a review about your holiday with us this year at Kiln Park.

I was glad to see that you had a great holiday with us overall. I totally agree with your comments regarding how cold it can feel at certain times of the year. That’s one of the reasons why we offer a few different grades of accommodation, many with the added benefits of heating throughout all the rooms instead of just the lounge, so people can make a choice in advance. We also hire out portable heaters for a small fee which make the vans toasty warm in no time at all.

I have also passed on your comments to our site manager regarding the pathways as we are always looking to continuously improve and there is no better way than by listening to the feedback from you guys. Please be assured customer feedback is always considered when we make our winter works plans for the following season.
Thanks again for taking the time to write and I hope we will see you at the park again in the future.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We returned today from Kiln Park and we are really sorry to have left. We have never been to a Haven before and we were a little nervous about what it would be like. When we arrived the caravan was spotless and fresh, we went for a mid range van and it was worth the extra money to have a wider van with the beds made up. The complex was fantastic, clean and well maintained. The on site pub was good enough although the men's toilets were smelly. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were lovely and perfectly pitched for my three and five year olds. The entertainment was fairly dire but the kids loved it which made it bearable. Tenby is beautiful and there is so much to do in the surrounding area, folly farm is well worth a visit but beware of the extra costs when inside. We have had a brilliant holiday and we will definitely return, probably out of season again when it is quieter. Only given sleep quality three because its a caravan and I'm used to a king size bed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen Y
Hi Helen Y
Thanks for posting your review. We shared your feedback with our team recently and they were really pleased. Great feedback like this is always very well received by the team, especially on the run up to peak season. I am really sorry that our gents loos were not up there normal high standards whilst you were here and our Complex Manager Simon has passed on his deepest apologies.

Our Entertainment Manager Tom has asked that if you would be kind enough to spare some time to email us on kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com and share your entertainment experience with us in more detail he would be happy to discuss this with you further if you wish.

Comments and suggestions from our guests are invaluable to us and we always like the opportunity to discuss further.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lisa & Tom

Pontardawe, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Excellent location and lots to do at the park, my 3 year old enjoyed the rides at the arcade, the pool, park and beach.

We ate everyday breakfast and evening meal at the mash and barrel, food was good although almost every breakfast they got wrong, they don't give receipts either so it's hard to check what you have been changed, the majority of the bar and waiting staff were lovely. The toilets were a disgrace though, every evening the toilets were dirty, floors wet and dirty, no toilet paper etc.

The arcade was expensive, £1 a ride really adds up!

The reception staff were not very helpful, and had to go back and forth getting missing items of bedding etc, eventually gave up and made do. We had requested the van the same as last time and assured we would have it and when we got that was told they don't do it.

However despite the problems an negatives we did enjoy, and the van was lovely and clean. We would go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jo-Anne H
Dear Jo-Anne H,

Thank you very much for your review. We are really sorry to hear your visit was not how it should have been. As I’m sure you can appreciate sometimes things can be overlooked, but our teams will always do everything possible to resolve any problems you have. We are just sad the opportunity wasn’t given.

I would really welcome the opportunity to look into these matters further for you and would love to hear from you. If you would like to email me at kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com I will look into these for you as soon as possible.

I am really pleased to hear that despite the issues you have brought up you will holiday with us again in the future.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Kiln Park Holiday Centre

PS Our accommodation team were delighted with your lovely comments about the cleanliness of your caravan.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

my family 2 adults 2 children 3 and 6 stayed for one week from may 27th...In a nice part of wales...check in was good helpful staff when they stopped chatting and noticed you were there...caravan we got was by entertainment complex bit noisy of a night...entertainment complex with amusement arcade was expensive they have a papa johns pizza and burger king...we had an hours wait for the food in the mash and barrell located inside!! swimming pool was nice......entertainment for the kids on the evening was good but as the week progressed we noticed the same boy winning all the prizes every night woops haven we were not supposed to notice that!! on the whole the holiday was okay the beach bit pebbly tenby not alot going on there few shops.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank pat1077
Dear Pat1077
Thank you for your review regarding your holiday with us here at Kiln Park. We are really sorry to hear that certain aspects of our service failed to meet your requirements and expectations on this occasion.

Our aim is to ensure that all our guests have a really good time here at Kiln Park and we would really like to have the opportunity to look into the matters for you further and speak with you direct.

Please can you email us as soon as possible at kilnparktripadvisor@haven.com

Bradford
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great location on the beach and within a stones throw of more things to do than you can shake a stick at!
I would go for the top level caravan if you can, the one I stayed in was advertised as a deluxe plus, it may have been so in 1960! Tiny bathroom, tiny bedroom, uncomfortable living area and everything was beige!
Having said all that the kids loved it, the funworks was as of a high standard as always and the swimming area indoors and out were fantastic, clean and well supervised.
Brilliant time had by all.
My tip for Haven is ...GET A HEALTHY EATING OPTION SECTION....pizza, burger king and pub grub is just not acceptable in this day and age!!
Tenby itself is a mile away, the beach is ten minutes walk and all the family days out are within 15 miles.....Location is everything

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RichardABradford
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a caravan here in the sept we did the sun holidays but paid about £90 to up grade !! What a joke !! First caravan was miles away damp dirty and smell of smoke !! After going right back to a grumpy lady on reception we were given another caravan closer but even more dirty I took my 18 month old toddler to find fungi mushrooms growing on the carpet !! Mould on all the curtains and in shower cups were dirty dust every where !! The whole place was damp and dark I've never stayed in such a nasty dark dull dirty place , when complaining we were told that if we were not happy to just go home !! I've stayed on many haven sites and having stayed a haven little sea Weymouth we thought this would be the same clean high class !! Defo not shame on you haven !! This place should be condemed !!! Dirty dirty dirty !!!

• Stayed September 2012