“Caravan BRILLIANT & Camping OK!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tenby
Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven
Ranked #3 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Tenby
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went camping here 2 years ago weather was AMAZING!! Pitch they gave us was a good size and the setting is beautiful! However the showers and toilets were quite grubby so that totally put me off camping ever again. HOWEVER caravanning here the year after was BRILLIANT! Again beautiful weather except 2 rainy days.. Can walk onto the beach from the site so dont bother driving (parking costs a fortune) loads and loads to do in Tenby, restaurant on site is quick and tastey and give you generous portions. The caravan could of been cleaner, we had to do the dishes on arrive because they did not look very clean but other than that it was good. (take own tea towels and dish cloths not provided) We had a DVD player in the caravan which we did not expect and all the channels which was lovely in the evening. Checking in was quick and easy.. all in all an amaing holiday that I recommend! Travelled 4 hours to get there and would definately go again.
Visit Folly Farm (its brilliant and reasonable, take a picnic lots of places to sit and eat, more like a zoo, they have loads of wild animals), also Manor House Wildlife Park, more expensive but very good, you can feed the wallabes and theres plently to walk around.
DONT VISIT Milford Haven, we went there looking for a Cinema as it was raining, its just a small cinema that shows 2 films a day at 2 different times, and theres a small bowling ally but definately not worth the drive! (30minutes ish)

Room Tip: We had a Duluxe Caravan, definately worth the bit extra
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shannon B
There are newer reviews for Kiln Park Holiday Centre - Haven

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at Kiln Park once again in July of 2012 and had another great family holiday. We didn't book through Haven but instead went through a private owners site. I would recommed this route to anyone considering staying here, the only complaints that I seem to come across on tripadvisor are from people who book throgh Haven!! We dealt with a lovely couple called Dave and Jackie Vickery and they were more than helpful. The caravan was spotless and very spacious.

The park itself was great for our kids (aged 7 and 3) and the new indoor pool was great fun. Unfortnately the weather wasn't great so having the indoor pool was a real plus.

Tenby village is just a short walk either along the lovely beach or pathway running behind the site and along Tenby golf club. Tenby is very pretty and has some great family friendly beaches that the kids loved.

The entertainment was once again on from around 6.00pm to 8.00pm. It was perfect for our kids but wouldn't be suitable for kids older than 10 or 11. We never stayed later than 8.00pm for the rest of the entertainment so i can't comment on it.

Overall Kiln park is perfect for a family holiday if you have kids of any age.

Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Navanman1976
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here just over two years ago (won't allow me to put proper date..) with 'Sun Holidays' which is now unfortunately not on the offer. However, beautiful setting, very peaceful and not the whole 'hi-de-hi' you expect with other holiday parks. Full access to Kiln Park facilities along with taxi there and back from the staff at Penally court. Not the best place for young children as not many facilities on site however if you want a peaceful place to stay with comfortable accomodation, I can definitely recommend it. Also definietly recommend visiting New Quay, gorgeous town!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have probably been holidaying here for the best part of ten years or so. We stopped going a few years back when our two children decided they were old enough to choose their own holidays. Can't argue with that. So, we have the memories. The almost constant rain, the sound of seagulls on the caravan roof and the clean coastal air. I remember our children getting ready to attend the entertainment nights over at the Funworx clubhouse every night where they would join the crowds of other children and the ever increasing sea of cheap, neon crap that either buzzed, rotated or did both. It was a kind of heaven really. I shed a secret tear when we decided to venture into a caravan no more. Only a short while ago we decided to revisit the place again, and I really wish we hadn't. The downstairs area of Funworx had been remodelled, and it now reminded me of a restaurant you would find in a motorway service station. The charm seems to have died out, and I began to dread the nightly visit with its Karaoke nights and the overcrowded surroundings. Worse still our meals were always late, and on one occasion didn't materialise at all. To be fair, its all about location though. You are only a short drive or stroll across the beautiful beach away from Tenby, and are central to Heatherton, Bluestone and Oskwood Park. Folly Farm is a short drive away as are many other fabulous locations. For us, the place has changed too much and bears little resemblance to our old Kiln Park. With the advent of the "sun holiday" mentality, of which I myself am guilty, came overcrowded, budgeted experiences which seems as tacky as the new acts. Rory the Bear mascot would be ashamed. Or is he a tiger? Anyway, in summary a great place if you love noise, long waits at the bar and longer ones at the restaurant. Not so good if you like relaxing, dry weather or luxury. Sorry Kiln Park, we loved you once but won't be walking down memory lane again.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Paul_Mark_Thomas
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just returned from a short break at Kiln Park. Yet again, Haven Holidays have out done themselves. The drive through check-in was quick and fuss free, this probably depends on arrival time and number of cars though. We were located in Goscar Court area and this was very nice and quiet. Very near to the launderette and Spar shop. Just a few minutes walk and you are at the Entertainment Complex.

The caravan was a platinum and having only paid for a prestige, at this time of year, the heating was very appreciated. It was a 3 bedroom and it was very spacious, even the main bedroom which I sometimes find to be very small. It even had en suite.

The outdoor park is good, even my 2 year old was able to play without me having to assist her. My 6 year old tried the trampoline jump and thoroughly enjoyed it. Their favourite was the indoor soft play area, although small, if you time it right, they can enjoy it with just a few kids there. It is very conveniently located next to the restaurant and the fast food haunts and also overlooks the pool.

We ate two meals in the Mash and Barrel and one breakfast and it was all superb. Again, this overlooks the pool so it is nice. Good tip, if you dine between 3-5pm you get 25% off the main menu so having to eat early with little uns this proved beneficial. I'd also recommend you take a little cutlery set for the little uns too.

The morning activity at 10am for the toddlers proved popular with mine. Hardly anyone turned up so it was nice having the toys just for a few kids. The evening entertainment, again was great for the kids. Didn't stay for the later shows so can't comment there. The pool was yet again, quite cold as in all other Haven parks I have been to. Managed 45 mins this time with my 2 yr old shivering. I kept them as active as possible and they did enjoy. There is a sign outside the pool reception asking you to leave your pushchairs there. I didn't, I left mine in the changing room with the coats on as you couldn't fit them in the locker. A plus point-free hairdryers! This proved brilliant so as not to leave with wet hair, especially for the kids and at this time of year.

The Spar shop was well stocked and priced as you would expect so if you don't want to overspend, take what you need with you. There is a Sainsburys in Tenby, literally 5 mins drive away, it is next to the multi storey car park. If you are parking for more than 2 hours, go up a level, its £1 all day. And don't struggle like I did, dragging a pram down the stairs, walk back down the roadway that you drove up.

Lots of £1.20 shops in Tenby, great for kids to spend a few quid in on cheap toys and they are not bad to be honest. A few banks, Greggs, Peacocks, New Look and Tesco Metro in town among local speciality shops.

A great holiday had by all.

Room Tip: I have always left my caravans as I have found them, clean and tidy. I always give feedback on the p...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank tanyamjames
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had a week break at Kiln Park booked through the Sun.We were booked in a 2bed standard van but were given a 3bed luxury van with 2 toilets,and immaculate inside.5 mins walk to fantastic Tenby beach and on to the town.Could not find fault with anything,even the maintenance came within 5mins when we phoned to say the pilot light went out on boiler.I would recommend this place,just wish it was nearer and then we would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jan W
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Me and my family stayed at kiln park from 30 Sept till 6 Oct and we loved it something for all ages. There was no floods at all yes it did rain hard a few nights there was entertainment every night. Food was good caravan lovely booked to return Sumer 2013 tenby is a lovely place also u must try papa johns

• Stayed: September 2012