“Only chinese in Tenby?!”
Review of Chinatown

Chinatown
Ranked #53 of 125 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2014

We visited Tenby for august bank holiday weekend and this was the only chinese restaurant we could find on google. The decor is quite drab, very 80s but I enjoyed it. We ordered 2 tofu dishes, they advised us they didnt have enough tofu to make 2 dishes so to pick 1 - we ordered 1 but they gave us the other one! haha! this wasnt a problem as we wanted them both, the waitress was very apologetic and they didnt charge us for the dish! The food was tasy and reasonably priced, would visit again if in Tenby

1  Thank JetSetter25Cardiff
There are newer reviews for Chinatown

Reviewed August 30, 2014

The food and staff were good although I did feel they brought the food out in buts n bobs I prefer to have the food altogether,but was very tasty and a nice place to relax

1  Thank Christine E
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Visited Tenby and decided to go and have a look at the china town menu which looked extremely appealing.Two members of staff seemed really welcoming. I was extremely shocked and ashamed to have witnessed how rude one single member of staff could have had such a massive impact on my thoughts of this restaurant on a whole. This member of staff was a women in her 30's. She had several facial piercing who was not Chinese. She was an absolute disgrace the way that she served customers was truly disrespectful. I heard her answering the phone call and she spoke with such a tone that it surprised me that china town still had business.
China town should really think about who they employ as I shall not be returning there.

5  Thank sophie s
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Glad to find this place on a Saturday night in tenby. Not a buffet but a traditional style serve at table Chinese. The food was lovely and tasty. The staff friendly. Needs a facelift but all in all a nice place to eat.

3  Thank zanStanford
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

I have fond memories of this Chinese. My parents used it frequently when I was growing up. But the last few years it's gone down hill. Tonight (understandably a bank holiday Saturday) we ordered a delivery around 7.15 and was told it would be 40 mins, after an hour and 10 minutes later we decided to phone back and were told it would be 20 mins longer, after another half an hour we phoned again...... By this point told them if we were not going to get our order within 10 mins to cancel it. We had three starving children!! Finally it did arrive, we were so excited only to unwrap it and find half of our order missing. By this point I was so so angry I went to the shop to buy the children food so they could eat before they went to bed! We finally got the rest of our order half an hour later!!!!! No apology, no money off nothing!! I understand they were busy but come on any moron with a brain cell would decide to get more staff for bank holiday or not do deliveries if it's that busy and they are unable to cope! working in the same industry , in the same town, they need to pull their finger out before the holiday makers go home and then it's just the locals to rely on. We've spent a lot of money with them But we will now be going to tasty cafe !! Ruined our family meal!!!

3  Thank Stoy27