“A tiny bit Fawlty Towers but overall good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fourcroft Hotel

Fourcroft Hotel
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Tenby
Northants
“A tiny bit Fawlty Towers but overall good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in a family room, a double and two singles and the room was big enough to accommodate. The first receptionist was pretty brusque on arrival but the subsequent receptionist was very pleasant. We made good use of the pool and the children loved going in the hot tub. There is also a large games room which the children enjoyed. Breakfast was so-so, cheap sausages let it down but they were accommodating to the children's breakfast requests. Overall reasonable value, we only stayed one evening as we had a Sunday-to-Sunday holiday cottage but wanted to start the holiday on Saturday.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Welshpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night. While the staff were really friendly the whole experience was let down by the lack of basic cleanliness of the room. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed, coffee drips along the edge of the dressing table, stains on the head board, dirty cups and saucers. It was a real shock. The décor was dated and it was obvious the furnishings hadn't been replaced in a long time. The food was really poor, my fish wasn't even gutted properly before being cooked. I will never stay here again, I have stayed in cleaner youth hostels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Agnes256
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed with our two kids for a long weekend, we purchased the buy 3 nights get one night free deal....Ok,so it's not necessarily the cheapest place to stay - however this is a very nice hotel. I would recommend it to friends and family, I am so pleased I paid extra to have sea views, as the views really did make the whole experience for us; if you do book here, I recommend you try your best to get sea views. The facilities are very good, we spent a very large amount of time in the sauna / spa pool and swimming pool area which we and our kids loved. The breakfast was very good. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars on this review was that the parking is not good unless you pre-book a space (which I didn't realise and it was too late as all spaces were booked), it would have been fine, but when it rained and I had to park about 5 minutes walk away - i got totally soaked. Mind you, at least I burnt off a bit of the breakfast! So, other than parking, this location and hotel and well worth a visit. :)

Room Tip: Sea View top floor was good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed I this hotel for one night in July. We had looked through many online as we had booked short notice. It was quite expensive but Tenby is very expensive to stay. I was too late to book a parking space. so had to park in town overnight, however this was cheaper than the £4 the hotel were going to charge for a car park space.
We booked in about 2.45pm, the receptionist who was very friendly had to check that our room was ready.
The rooms are smaller than most I've stayed in, so it did feel a bit cramped. the view of the beach was lovely but the chairs weren't really that comfy to enjoy a cuppa looking at the view.
There are no irons in the rooms, there is an ironing room, which isn't great when you want to get dressed after shower! and the Hairdryer in the draw wasn't working also!
We didn't really bother with the WiFi as we could hotspot off our mobiles.
As we were only there for the evening we didn't get to see the pool or play area, neither were we made aware of how to get to places on check in. I guess we'd have to hunt or ask specifically.

BREAKFAST
Well..... we were very disappointed with Breakfast....although the restaurant looks lovely. The staff weren't really helpful on entering. i.e. showing where to sit, how to order your meal.
We ordered the full English and there was a good assortment of cereals and fruit as well.
The waitresses, some of who's grasp of the English language was quite funny listening to other ordering, were friendly but somewhat confused if making more than one request, i.e. would you like brown or white toast? My husband replied brown, I replied white....confusion.......I asked for tray with both and the panic left her face!!
The breakfast came and I was not impressed really, not for a 3* hotel. On a very small plate, 2 rashers of bacon, one sausage, egg, half a fried bread, some mushrooms and half a tomato!!
I am really not that fussy, we travel a lot as a family and as a couple, and I'm really sorry to say that this was not value for money as far as we were concerned. We be paying for an over inflated room rate on this hotel again.

Room Tip: The Sea Views are stunning!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 101Honesty
EmrysL, Owner at Fourcroft Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Our guests find our ironing room an acceptable solution to their requirements, so no irons in bedrooms. If you had informed us your hairdryer wasn't working, we could have exchanged it with one that does, Now, of course, we can't do anything about it.
Your comments on breakfast seem to differ from nearly every other review on this & other review sites and, judging from your description, it would seem to be exactly what we try to achieve, namely consistent quality. We do not use small plates for cooked breakfasts and, if you had wanted more to eat, you only had to ask ..... Again, now it's too late.
It strikes us that if you had experienced all the other facilities in our hotel, you might have had some idea of what Fourcroft is about. You weren't interested, not even in our free WiFi, so perhaps you should stay somewhere more suited to your needs & aspirations next time.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had always wanted to stay in this Hotel since I was a little girl.
It was everything that I expected. The warn friendly welcome on our arrival.
The beautiful view from our bedroom window was perfect. The food was excellent.
Thankyou for making our special day complete.

Room Tip: A sea view is a must!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Helen L
Seven Sisters, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night with my husband, daughter, son in law and two young grandchildren who were visiting from Hong Kong. When we got to the hotel the lady in charge made us feel very welcome and sorted out parking for our 2 cars straight away which we had pre booked. We were able to book in early as our room was ready. The room was spacious with a lovely modern bathroom and beautiful views and spotless. My daughter had a family room which was a very good size and near our room which was helpful. The position of the hotel is fabulous because you can cross the road in front of the hotel and there are steps to go right down to the lovely beach and there is a lovely cafe set up with tables and umbrellas selling a variety of snacks reasonable priced. Also if you so wish there are loungers and umbrellas for hire on the beach. The breakfast was fab. We didn't use the pool but did have a look around outside and it has a lovely setup. It is easy to access the town from the hotel. I would certainly recommend this hotel and the friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you are by the sea it is nice to have a sea view so you can sit with a cup of tea or enjoy a glas...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret P
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just returned from a 7 night stay for 7 of us. We had a wonderful holiday. The food at the hotel was excellent. We had delicious sandwiches most days for lunch either in the gardens overlooking the sea or round the pool . The pool was heated to 29 degrees and was very pleasant . It was open from 7 am till late and was very clean. They checked the chlorine twice a day. The sea at north beach had the best swimming I have known in England.It was a blue flag beach with lifeguard and watersports. My daughter tried the jet skiing.The water shelves very gently which warms the sea up.We had 2 days out to Saundersfoot where the swimming was not so good and Manorbier castle church and beach which was lovely.Staff at hotel very friendly and helpful..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family