“Hotel fourcroft”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Neath
“Hotel fourcroft”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 1 nite,it was ok but for £120 pound a nite I thought it was a bit expensive but was nice,basic room but great sea view over looking the harbour,breakfast was nice but had to wait 20 mins for it,the bacon was nice and thick tho,prob would go bak there

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 01Curryman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This review may sound a little bit like 'Jekyll & Hyde' !! I liked the hotel overall but there were some problems, so here goes.
The good:-
We arrived early so although we couldn't book in the lovely reception staff sorted us out parking so the car was safe.
We walked into town via the steps down to the beach, through the lovely hotels gardens, then onto the harbour. The walk back was along the flat, the hotel is in a really convenient location.
When we got back to the hotel booking in was quick simple, again lovely reception staff.
The room itself was a little disappointing, but what it lacked in size was made up for by the view,
truly stunning!!!!
The bed was quite small but made with fresh and clean sheets. The en-suite had been renovated fairly recently and was clean and fresh looking with plenty of supplies and towels.
Breakfast was really nice, cereals, fruit juices, yoghurt etc, and then a full welsh breakfast (fantastic bacon!) or kippers, omelettes, smoked haddock etc. The portions were large and the waiting staff were friendly and helpful.
The bad:-
The main thing was the cleanliness of the hotel. I'm no stickler for housework, but the floor of our room didn't look like it had been hovered (there was what looked like sawdust on the floor by the window).
The window in the main sitting area was covered in what looked like spilt coffee, there were dried on splash marks on the woodwork.
Also the curtains in the breakfast rooms were filthy at the bottom, and these were just some of the things I noticed in an overnight stay!.
Also the plumbing wasn't the best, the shower took over 8 minutes to get warm enough to shower , but it is an old building.

We didn't use the pool or other facilities but they looked okay for children.

Would I stay again, probably but only for the view, if other hotels were available with the same view I'd try them first.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a sea view room, it's the best thing about the hotel.
1 Thank 53zelda
London
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Took an opportunistic break in famed West Wales seaside town, Tenby. Normally I would camp but the weather was really bad, so we opted for a last minute hotel and chose Fourcroft because it is right on North Beach. The Hotel is a good example of a Georgian Town building with lots of stairways and corridors. The rooms were quite spartan, clean but on a monumental scale that wouldn't be the case in this day and age. The rooms with sea view are worth the extra - watching the tide go in and out of picturesque Tenby harbour is priceless!
There were some oddities, like the map room which has a wall sized map of Wales in it and internet access etc. Then there was the outdoor swimming pool which was heated, so I made good use of it despite the rain. The Hotel has a private garden that leads to the beach.
Staff were genuinely enthusiastic and helpful and I will go again.

Room Tip: Sea view compulsory.
South Wales
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Booked a superior double sea view room on late rooms however seems I only got a double sea view room. I should have complained but am going through a difficult time and did not have the energy. Room was quite small, not to small, but considering it was listed as a superior room was very disappointed. Bed was fine however duvet was very lumpy and out of shape and we only had two comfy but very flat pillows so one pillow each with some tired scatter cushions, carpet was very worn and frayed all around the edges and furniture was outdated and a bit ropey, also the two chairs were very worn and old looking, then a ray of light, the bathroom! Had obviously recently(ish) been refurbished and the shower was great, this was the only thing that stopped me thinking the room was not worth the money, although the cleaning left something to be desired, some pink mould on the tiles and lots of p***c hair around the shower base and toilet seat. But apart from the cleanliness, shower
room was great if a little bit to small, but cubicle itself great. Sea view was lush, really nice. Was just disappointed as paid for a superior room and this was definitely not superior. I only booked as the room was nearly half price but was still disappointed, please fourcroft, price your rooms more appropriately! yes the communal areas are great and breakfast is lovely, no complaints, but your rooms are tired and way overpriced! If I had paid the full price £165 a night for the room I had I would have been straight down to reception to complain. I wonder if this is actually their superior room or if they did not give a superior room due to the discounted rate I paid. All in all I would definitely stay there again but not for that price. Also they need to pick up their cleanliness, also one of the ladies on reception is quite rude and did not seem to have time for us, even tapped her nails on reception as we filled out the form, (we're talking a form that took us about 20 seconds to fill out). Sort it out fourcroft, had a huge suite with a seating area for just £100 before on the other beach!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated with views over the sea and access to the town . I found the staff friendly and helpful . The games room was good fun and I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Olympian1981
Wales
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I & our two children, aged 7 & 5 stayed here for 1 night over Easter Bank Holiday and allocated a family room overlooking the rear of the hotel, costing £130 for b&b. The room was spacious with a double bed and two full sized single beds. The beds were really comfy and there was a good size dressing table with mirror, light and plug socket (a must for hair straighteners!); flat screen TV with Freeview; powerful hairdryer & tea/coffee facilities. There was a bath & separate shower; soap & shower gel were also provided. We found the room and hotel in general, a little dated. We all used the outdoor heated pool, which was a lovely 24 degrees and we were given additional hotel towels to use for this. We found the pool a little grubby - the tiles could do with a good scrub and it seemed to have a high chlorine content. This area also had a small children’s play area. There was also a sauna and Jacuzzi, which we didn’t use, but noted that there are set times for these, so worth checking/ asking in advance about this. There was a games room and a 24 hour bar, although there was only one draft lager available. Breakfast was between 8-10am and had a view of the sea; buffet style for cold drinks; cereals & fruits. Staff took your order for hot drinks & cooked breakfast/ omelettes etc which was cooked quickly, was tasty & nice and hot. Upon arrival, we had just missed out on the last of the private hotel parking spaces and due to the Bank Holiday, we had to park the car quite far away as it was busy, so this is worth bearing in mind if you’ve got children & lots of luggage! The hotel is in a great location and has stunning views, with friendly & efficient staff. Its just a short walk to many shops, restaurants, pubs etc; we had a lovely meal at the Mews Surf Bar & Grill on Upper Frog Street and a lovely walk around the town and beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
newport. uk
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just returned from a great weekend at the Fourcroft. My friend and I were in need of a relaxing time after a stressful period and it was achieved without a doubt. We had a lovely big room at the front with a floor to ceiling window, two armchairs and a table, which we found hard to tear ourselves away from. The beds were really comfortable and everywhere was clean and spotless. The breakfast set you up for the day and most important of all -the staff. Everyone of them, without exception were lovely. We had no trouble parking outside, possibly because it was March and not many holidaymakers around. Can't fault its location or the stunning views. I adore Tenby and will definitely return to the Fourcroft in the, not too distant, future I hope.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends