“In serious need of a re-furb!!!”
Review of Fourcroft Hotel

Fourcroft Hotel
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Tenby
Manchester, United Kingdom
“In serious need of a re-furb!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

After reading other reviews of this hotel we decided to book a two night stay including breakfast, as the majority of reviews were very good.

The reception area was satisfactory and we were greeted by a polite receptionist. The room however was not good; at first I thought I had entered a 1970's theme room. The room was very dated indeed with an old carpet running through the room and all the way through the bathroom - something I find very un-hygienic.

The restaurant was nice in appearance and the staff were friendly - the breakfast however wasn't great.

The hotel is in a good location and Tenby is a lovely place to explore with some great beaches and fantastic places to eat and drink.

We would definitely return to Tenby, but not this hotel.

Room Tip: If you do stay in the hotel make sure you get a room at the front of the hotel, as this will prevent...
4 Thank Matt S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a lovely last minute break at this hotel, and can highly recommend it. The staff were friendly and helpful, the food was good, and the accommodation excellent. We were lucky with the weather so the kids got to enjoy the pool and outdoor facilities. A lot of nice touches - the room and public spaces had obviously been freshly decorated; the room had a decent bathroom, with plenty of hot water and good water (always a pleasant surprise in the UK!); and even the bedlinen was of a nice quality. This is the sort of attention to detail that makes a stay really enjoyable. We hope to go back next year.

3 Thank lmhnyc
UK
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for a short break with elderly Mum and 7 & 9 year old last week and we were all well catered for! Our family room was in the relatively newly decorated annexe and was cosy and immaculate. Four star bathroom with piping hot water constantly. We were on a budget so didn't pay the extra for the sea view rooms but now wish we had 'cos peeping in the room opposite at cleaning time I see it was SUPERB!

Huge breakfasts. Kids loved the pool and games room on our (typically 2012) rainy day! The breakfast room views were wonderful. Staff were friendly and humourous and nothing too much trouble. Hoping to return next year. Tenby is truly chocolate box beautiful and perfect for a family stay.

Worth the £4 parking fee - it is just outside the bar door so great for loading / unloading.

Thanks Fourcroft!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for that amazing view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Thank Merthgyrmrs
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked 2 double rooms at short notice so didn't expect a sea view but luckily we had two rooms facing the sea. The rooms were spacious and very clean. I went with my parents and my son and the hotel catered for all of us. We had a game of pool in the games room and my son and I relaxed in the jacuzzi. Unfortunately, we didn't use the outdoor pool due to the poor weather. The views from the room were spectacular. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The breakfast was substantial and set you up for the day. Unusually, there was a decent vegetarian cooked breakfast available. Would recommend this hotel to families or couples.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda W
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I went for a four night stay last week and had a perfect time. From chatting to the girls on reception during my booking it was obvious that there was a very friendly air about the place and the holiday certainly reinforced that impression. Nothing was too much trouble for them to organise and they did it because they wanted to, rather than as a chore.

Our room had wonderful views of the sea and we chose to leave the window open all night to hear (and almost feel) the rollers coming in. The room was great, the bathroom great and everything (teas, biscuits, toilet rolls etc) were replenished immediately. There was a nice small bar with Felinfoel draught beer that was the cheapest we found anywhere in Tenby!

Finally, and very importantly if you are trying not to put on weight, the breakfast wasn't just any combination of bacon, sausage, eggs, black pudding, fried bread etc. There were several other lovely choices on the menu, so when you get fed up with the full English/Welsh breakfast, I recommend you try the smoked haddock, poached egg, mushrooms and lava bread. Truly brilliant!

5 Thank Dave7172
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is my first experience away with a Dog (twins & a poorly husband- came down with it on the way there nothing to do with our stay). However I had stayed at this hotel years ago & loved the position of the hotel over the North beach & made sure we had a Sea view Family room. Unfortunately it was for one night only as we couldn't stay any longer due to personal reasons.
The room was situated at the very top which luckily there was a lift as our dog doesn't like stairs (only because he is Not allowed at home!) Hotel is bit dated but areas are having a make over, so a work in progress however nicely done.
The receptionist was very helpful & lovely ( even though our dog did have a wee accident in the lift as he didn't quiet make outside the next morning. It wasn't a problem & was cleaned up straight away.) There were other guests with their dogs too so I wasn't the only one.

We had room service for dinner as my husband wasn't feeling too good. In fairness it was delivered on time & with a smile from the young lads & didn't mind making a 2nd trip up for more bread! The menu I thought was a bit of a mis match but perhaps I am too critical because I am in catering. Perhaps more emphasis on local Welsh / British dishes & some lighter options- like local crab sandwiches/ mackeral pate/ local cheese & chutney ploughmans/ Pint of prawns/ Welsh afternoon teas- with Bara brith & welshcakes??... I understand restaurants are now going global with their menus but seeing as this is such a lovely Welsh seaside hotel, stick to the roots & give tourists a taste of Wales, not noodles (Unless you are linked to Oriental cuisine.) I think chefs tend to think if a dish is not British then it's not Posh enough! (Bearing in mind I am not British nationality, I would of preferred a menu connected to the Chef/ owner, location or country I am in, no matter where I am in the world!!)
The children ate for free if parents ate off the menu too which was v good. I had a steak which was cooked exactly how I like it (as you can tell I'm a fussy bugger!) & it was locally sourced meat too, so thumbs up there.
Breakfast was nice & the 2 lads who served our room service were serving the next morning. Good selection & even my hubby made it down (which might have had something to do with the women's Spanish golfing team!) I was a little bit put out by one table who was constantly on his mobile phone through out the entire breakfast!! His poor wife & children looked embarassed & gave all the other foreign guests in the dinning room a stereo typical rude loud Welsh bloke with no regard for anyone let alone his family!
It was nice to be sat amongst a mixture of hotel guests & perhaps tourism in Wales is making a come back even if it Just rains!
I was also surprised at the young girl waitress' attitude towards the young Spanish girls, who were half way through their own breakfast & were told to move to a different table! Thought she was on a power trip being head waitress! When the Spanish asked for hot chocolate (which they tend to drink for breakfast in Spain) they were told it had ran out!! My kids had it & I really did not see how hard it was to quickly get some.
The pastries that were out for people to help themselves could of had tongs, as one guest poked them to see if hot & then the waiter took one to reheat, with his hands!

My kids loved the pool & games room and I shall definitely recommend & return.
All in all we did have a lovely short trip & I really like the hotel, just needs some fine tweaking & you are spot on!!

Tenby is still a favourite even though very touristy but a trip to Tenby is tradition for our family & so many others every year. We loved the Sunday music & fireworks at the harbour too!

Room Tip: must get a sea view room! which are always full during peak season so book early
3 Thank Pav T
Bath
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We booked a double superior room which although a bit claustrophobic, was adequately equipped with a nice bathroom. What we liked was the fabulous views overlooking the harbour, Caldey and Monkstone Point. Lovely, well appointed hotel immediately above the attractive North Beach - a good holiday hotel that is perfect for families and indeed for couples like us. Lovely friendly staff, child friendly atmosphere with bar and lovely clean dining rooms and reception areas and lounge. We only took breakfasts, preferring to eat out on our various walks around the coast, but the breakfast selections were great with good selections of cerials and fruits and a good choice from the Welsh Breakfast, eggs however you wanted or Haddock/Kippers/Porridge. We glanced at the dinner menu and this looked to be a good selection too.
As previous guests have observed, parking in Tenby is at a premium; however, the North Beach public car park is only 5 mins walk away and is just £2 a day to park. The car park has cameras and good lighting so we were happy enough to park our banger there. You can get some parking at the hotel but you need to book early and they will park your car for you. No one is too bothered about you parking on the double yellow lines outside to unload or on the footpath. This is a family hotel so expect to be woken early by excited children or take some ear plugs - my wife woke me at 6.00 on the second morning to tell me that the lady in the room next door was singing bob the builder to her young child!!

1 Thank BladderedBath