“New Year's Eve”
Review of The Mews Surf Bar & Grill - CLOSED

The Mews Surf Bar & Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Here at this family run restaurant a warm and friendly welcome awaits you. Locally caught fresh fish and meat supplied from an award winning local butcher is cooked to your liking over hot coals using the Parilla (BBQ/Grill). With an extensive menu and a carefully selected wine list this 'hidden find' offers something for everybody.
Tenby, United Kingdom
“New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

What a lovely way to spend New Year's Eve. A lovely restaurant, great atmosphere and amazing food. Service was excellent. Will definitely be returning soon.

• Visited December 2013

“good food”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We attended a wedding reception here so the menu was limited to steak or fish, but they were both absolutely fabulous. The steak was very tender, thick and perfectly grilled. The fish was completely boneless and beautifully cooked. for starters we had king prawns which were huge. I would definately eat here again and look forward to trying the remainder of the menu!

Visited December 2013
Swansea
“Revisited in November 2013”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Yet again, The Tenby Blues Festival came around . Yet again, 8 of us decided to see if The Mews could deliver us a good deal and a good meal. David and Stephanie didn`t let us down. A special deal was done and we all had a good choice of starters and main meals. We all thoroughly enjoyed the meal with starters from deep fried brie to a prawn cocktail, served with a colourful salad. Mains were fab steaks and everyone agreed the chips were good old , `proper` ones. Plates were full enough to staisfy the women ...and the men..which is important. We decided to eat there again the next night. We could have gone elsewhere but made a group decision that we probably wouldn`t find a better place than The Mewes. Do try the butterfly prawns...best ever. Nice house wine . A good indicator of a restaurant, The Mewes was pleasantly full .This created a comfortable atmosphere as the tables aren`t squashed together. Search is out and try it for yourselves.We will, all being well...be back next year, if not sooner. Thanks for making our weekend meals go so well.

• Visited November 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“funny burgar”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have been to this place twice the first time I loved it I had the Cajan Chicken with there yummy chunky chip. I went back these just this summer around September. I have to say I wasn't very impressed I fancied a burger so me and my boyfriend ordered the same one I believe it was the range Burger . I was so much looking forward because it had everything that I like bacon BBQ sauce ek. but when it came and I took my first bits there very such a strong taste of cardamon that it really put me off I don't mind cardamon but I was expecting it to be this strong. My boyfriend and I were also questioning what the meat was as it didn't taste like beef to me so we asked for the menu as we were a little worried as we had noticed that they do some special meat such as boar and things but no on the menu it said beef and I am a chef and it was the funny texture to beef I have even eaten. so I didn't eat much of it as I was really put off by the taste which is such a shame because the starters we had were great. but the staff were nice and we sat outside in the little courtyard which was lovely made me feel like I was in Paris or something.

• Visited September 2013
Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
“Excellent service accompanied with superb meal and wine”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Booked a table for 4 adults last Saturday 26/10/2013.

Nice open cooking area where all looked freshly prepared.

Instant service by waitress and drinks served while choosing meals, all meals superb enjoyed with good quality house red and white wines.

We will return