“A little piece of Greece in Tenby ”
Review of Mykonos Restaurant

Mykonos Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 138 Restaurants in Tenby
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The three of us have all been to the Greek Islands, loved the people and their food so why not try to capture some of both on a rainy evening in Tenby?

The restaurant wasn't busy as it's late September and it's a Monday night but the music and the staff made us feel at home.

All the classic dishes were available. We were given hot green peppers, olives and carrot sticks while we decided. We went for smoked pork with side salad or feta and herb parcels for starters. Then I had chicken kebabs, my husband chose lamb shank and our friend couldn't resist the moussaka. Beer and a house white to accompany it all. The pitta breads came too but to be honest we couldn't find room for it all.

Everything was beautifully cooked and the staff were attentive throughout. The whole thing cost £89. Bargain. It was still raining when we came out but at least we had escaped to Cyprus for a couple of hours and shared our memories. Maybe we should go there next September. Sorry Tenby!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (491)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great service, nice decor , amazing food. Halloumi and stuffed mushroom starter were great , slow roasted lamb (kleftiki) I think and mixed grill both were fantastic . A must visit in Tenby .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Terrible food

So dissapointed as I was really hoping for a genuine Greek meal, but the food at Mykonos cafe was all wrong.

The Cafe is situated in an upstairs venue in the old town walls of Tenby. When I first walked in to try to make a reservation, I found the entrance hall to be dark and dingy but after reading some reviews on google I thought I’d go against my first impression and go on up to the restaurant, as it was during the day I wasn’t surprised that the place seemed closed up, and it took me about 5 minutes to get any attention from any member of staff but when the gentleman finally came out of the kitchen he did speak with a Greek accent giving me confidence that the food would be authentic.
The design of the restaurant is designed in neither the style of Mykonos or the Cyclades, it looks more like Crete or Rhodes, but the place was clean so again I was comfortable making a reservation.
When we arrived in the evening the restaurant was extremely busy giving me good confidence that the food must be good as the restaurants isn’t attracting people with the deco as the feel and look of the place isn’t especially greek or stylish.

The menu on first look was great with loads of traditional greek fare that excited me , we ordered most of the dishes from their Mezza section hot and cold for both of us to share just like I used to do with friends whist living in Mykonos.
When the food started to arrive I started to be really disappointed, the taste and ingredients where of a very low quality and cooked badly, the greek salad was basically a regular British garden salad with a few small pieces of feta cheese and for some random reason covered in balsamic vinegar, the tzatzici was watery with little flavour. The spanakopita (feta & spinach pie) was made more like a samosa and deep fried. I could go on about how bad the food but I really don’t want to explain every single dish, but trust me they where all wrong and bad.
After living and working in Greece and being trained as a chef and I am very enthusiastic about good greek food, I was just truly disappointed with cafe Mykonos.
Best points are the place has a few friendly waitresses who where very chatty.
I wouldn’t visit again and couldn’t recommend it.
I love greek food and greek life so much I was really disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The menu claims that all produce used is from Cyprus. That's nonsense - for a start, the two red wines we were offered were from South Africa and France. The 'Home Made' taramasalata looked and tasted exactly like the Tesco version and the kofte didn't taste like kofte at all - OK if you like playing spot-the-meat and apparently deep-fried rather than grilled. Wildly over-priced for this 'quality' of food which explains the lack of customers.

Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

My hubby and I visited here as we love greek food and our local restaurant does an amazing meze too..we chose the meze here and some of the dishes were ok.like the dips and bread , hallumi and ham, the sausages were ok, but the calamari was bit tough despite the fresh batter..souvelaki was nice but after so much starters we were stuffed..my suggestion would be to have smaller souvelaki portion, treat it as meze dish and add some other small dishes like the beef stew (stifado) and some small mousaka portions too that way you aren't too overwhelmed..greek salad was a massive let down though..too much lettuce and not enough of the other ingredients.. pudding portions were perfect with ice cream, semolina sponge and baklava..great but can he improved on

1  Thank fifibarker