“Nice little pub”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The star ratings on TA are a bit odd - from average to very good in one jump. This place is definitely better than average but I think good would be a better description than very good as I have eaten at same amazing pubs serving some fab food. All in all we enjoyed a decent pint and a good, tasty portion of fish and chips. I would happily go back again.

There are newer reviews for Hope & Anchor

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Over the years out visits to the hope and anchor have been positive and kept us returning, but the service on our last visit was appalling, with a long wait for food, and nothing short of an antagonistic and aggressive response when we enquired when our food would be arriving. Tenby is full of lovely places to eat and I wouldn't waste your time or money eating here. We certainly won't be again!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Best in Tenby if you want a good pint - a fair meal and good value - not too much gismo could have done without the two tvs but i guess it does appeal to the holiday makers and such - and they don't have the sound blaring out.

Would go there any time - we are vegetarians so I guess not really fair to judge the food. But what we had was good enough.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I found this a very enjoyable place for an evening meal, friendly and welcoming with great service and tasty fresh food. We chatted to other diners whilst here, which doesn't happen often. Will visit here again if I find myself in Tenby.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

visited tenby again after 20 plus years, and after reading other reviews decided to have a meal here, and was not disappointed. the staff were so friendly and helpful. the food was amazing and had a further 3 meals here during our weeks stay. the beer was great as well. if I had to recommend............. go for the seafood combo.........just perfect.