“Nice but pricey on drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Restaurant

Ocean Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Tenby
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
“Nice but pricey on drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Good position with a lovely view of the harbour. Food was very nice with good sized portions. Service was good. But soft drinks where quite pricey compared to other restaurants in town.

1 Thank Rickiecheese

• Polish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
“The other half - Duck and miss out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I`m the boyfriend to the review of "Duck and miss out”....

We saw this restaurant on trip advisor and decided to visit Ocean. We found them on the corner of the road opposite the boad departure huts that are on the jetty above Tenbys beach. As we were looking at the menu board another couple came out and told us they`d had a good meal there, so conviced us. Just to note that you have to go up the stairs for the evening restaurant, (if you look in the ground floor you won`t see many there).

We were taken to a table that they had free and I ordered the Chicken Liver Pate (£5.25) and the Chilly Chicken Pizza £9.60 as well as a side order of Chunky Chips £2.50.

The Pate was really nice and I enjoyed this a lot, however for me the Sweet Chilli chicken pizza tasted fantastic, (if you`re a fan of anything sweet chilli chicken go straight to this).

The pizza was a regular sizzed one and I had to say these meals filled me up fine, (I was a 19st very hungry customer) so not sure of the comments I heard from our waitress where another customer said the pizza was too small, (can only think the customer was Big daddy or Geoff capes myself to say this).

The service was really good as well, our waitress was really friendly and too a pride in the restaurant.

Was very impressed on our visit... definately a revisit.

1 Thank Wezzinc
wigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't believe if you don't been here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the place the night before Iron man 2013. They have great selection of food, some of it quite left field and a couple of Man V Food style challenges. Would recommend to anybody.

South Wales
“You can do better than this!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I wanted somewhere special for my wife's birthday and was recommended this restaurarnt by a colleague. When entering it certainly lived up to expectations with a nice decor and warm and friendly manner of the waiter and waitress. First course was ok but unremarkable which was the welsh rarebit and cream filled peppers with sweet chilli sauce. Being of italian origin, I try avoid eating italian food as I have mostly been dissapointed, but could not resist the rissoto. I must say this was quite excellent and plenty of it , however...........my wife had pasta in a tomato sauce with basil and this proved to be tasteless. It tasted like it had come out of a packet with no real flavour at all. Very poor!

Ok, chance to redeem themselves on the desert we thought......wrong. We both ordered the shortread strawberry cheesecake.. Why or why when strawberries are in season do we have tinned on the plate? Worse than that the shortbread was just a soggy biscuit snapped in half and plonked on top and the base was also soggy. Not good enough, won't be coming back...ever!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dangerous”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ocean's menu boasts that their homemade pesto is "the besto". As I vomited my pasta and pesto into the toilet at half-past midnight, I came to the conclusion that it is not.

• Visited September 2013
steelem2, Owner at Ocean Restaurant, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Usually we would say thank you for your review we take all criticism seriously and use it to improve our service. However on this occasion we must merely insist that you withdraw this review.
We have a 5 star rating from the Pembrokeshire County Council Environmental Health department, which means that our standards of food hygiene and preparation are of the highest standards. We are not aware that anyone of thousands of customers has suffered any affects ill from anything consumed at Ocean restaurant.
The Pesto is made fresh several times a week from fresh ingredients. We can see no reason what so ever why your illness had anything to do with our Pesto or anything else consumed during your visit.
Quite frankly you are describing what happened at half past midnight in your toilet that is not a description or review of your visit to our establishment. There are a number of reasons why you would be ill, to infer it was due to our Pesto, without any evidence, is slanderous and without foundation.
If you contracted something at Ocean restaurant we are obviously very sorry and would investigate it fully. However as there is no evidence that you did, we have had no other complaints and no complaints from you during your visit there is little we can do.

Alex and Vio Owners