“Top Restraunt”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Myself and my partner have been going to Carew Inn for food now for well over year and am yet to have a bad meal. We service is always top notch with a friendly country pub atmosphere. The food here is in my opinion the best in the area. I highly recommend anyone to try this pub.

There are newer reviews for The Carew Inn

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Have been here twice for food and once just for a social drink and I would with out a doubt go there again. The deco is very homely and warm and the staff are friendly and helpful.
On the menu there is a variety of food to cater most people and it also included a dish from Jamie Oliver! Even though a bit pricey at just over £13 it is a delicious main course.
The area is beautiful and a great place to walk around to burn your food off.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I belong to a walking group and we went for a walk in the area around Carew Castle. We had booked lunch at the Carew Inn, when we arrived wet and bedraggled we were helped out of our wet things and were shown upstairs to our table, there was a welcome open fire and we were soon warm and dry. Staff took our food and drink order and brought our order in quick time! (I can recommend the pork). There was no rush to get us out so we had a leisurely lunch which was enjoyed by all.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We happened across the Carew Inn on a wild, wet & windy drive out from Bluestone and decided to stop in for something to eat. The building itself is very cosy, with fires in most rooms and an incredible view of the castle opposite.
The staff here were excellent! They went out of their way to interact with our three year old daughter, even seeing us to the door as we left (we didn't cause any trouble honest!)
The food was ample and nice enough. We all enjoyed our meals and left full and happy.
The only reason I haven't given five out of five is that I felt the menu was slightly overpriced.
Having said that, this would not stop us for returning and I would most definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Food fairly good if a little pricey. Service was slow on the evening we went, arrived at 7.15 didn't get food until 8.15. Still waiting at 9.10 for someone to take a dessert order so decided to leave instead.