“Nice lunch”
Review of Baytree

Baytree
Ranked #23 of 128 Restaurants in Tenby
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Baytree restuarant is situated in the heart of Tenby's charming Tudor Square. We are open all year around, serving meals and drinks from 11am to 10.00Pm in the summer (please note we operate shorter hours outside of peak season).Our menu incorporates local produce wherever possible including fish caught just off Tenby's coast! Our mackerel and lobster are particular favourites with our regulars. We also cater for vegetarians and have a varied children's menu.At the rear of the restaurant, our sheltered private terrace can seat up to 24 people. During the summer when the town is pedestrianised during the day, we also have tables and chairs out in Tudor Square.We can cater for private parties of up to 100 people and large groups are welcome by prior arrangement.
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We visited the bay tree for a Lunch it wasnt very busy and it was one of the first places we found we could fit a pram in. We had sandwich platter, lasagne and a beetroot feta salad. It was lovely.

The waitresses were ok but I do like a fuss I told one of them my daughter is allergic to eggs and she said they didn't have eggs on the premesis but looking at the menu mayo, coleslaw, egg noodles, fresh egg pasta ... think its important for staff not to brush off their customers life threatening allergies. My partner said his coke tasted strange.

The fish dishes coming out of the kitchen looked great. Our meals came out very fast

Write a ReviewReviews (1,100)

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Lovely lunch at the baytree. Speciality is fish so we opted for the dressed crab salad. Very tasty and plenty of it. Would recommend it!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I visited the Bay Tree this evening with my partner and 14 month old son.
He had fish finger and chips (£4) which was ok. She had linguine with cherry tomatoes, asparagus and smoked cheese (£16 and the pasta was overlooked, there was hardly any veg and it was drenched in sickly smoked cheese sauce). I had sweet chilli chicken (£12, the chicken was watery and tasteless the egg noodles were soggy and drowning in sugary chilli sauce). The mains were disgusting and neither of us finished them. They both tasted as though they were were made from cheap packets. We agreed that we don't think we can remember having a worse meal. Ever. Anywhere.

As we drove home we regretted not having checked online reviews before choosing a place to eat. However most of the reviews here seem positive, so I can only assume that there was no chef when we visited and that the cleaner had to microwave some leftovers for us.

Having had some time to cool down since the experience, (and eat some fruit in an attempt to cleanse my pallete) I wish I had asked for my money back and been slightly less polite about the standard of our food.

On a plus note the waitresses were friendly.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Over the years this place has been hit and miss depending on who's cooking! Past two times on a revisit to Tenby the Baytree done good! We were table of 8 and the food came out together and everyone had had a great meal except one friend asked for medium for his steak and it came rare and when returned was still abit rare! That's his fault for eating meat I say hahaha! But that was the only issue!

The staff have always been pleasant over the years this place seldom changes it's standards! Good work I say!

1  Thank PicklesAsia
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Had a meal with some friends on a wkkend visit to Tenby from London. Choice of food was good although not particularly cheap. The waitress service was probably the best I have since for a while, unlike many places we frequent in London. We would want to come here again.

3  Thank JakeAndLucy