“Fabulous nights out at The Terrace!!”

The Terrace Tapas & Wine Bar
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family run and family friendly tapas and wine bar serving 30+ traditional Spanish tapas dishes. With set menus, endless tapas deals, a childrens menu, not to mention the vegetarian and gluten free options there's plenty to choose from. We have a full bar, with wines, cocktails and even a gin Y tonica menu. With the orginal Victorian dining room, bar and outside terrace we are able to cater for 80+ guests. WINTER - Thursday to Saturday evenings from 6pm SUMMER - Tuesday to Saturday evenings from 6pm (includes bank holiday Sundays) If we haven't exceeded your expectations, please tell us first and give us the courtesy of putting things right for you, rather than simply posting a negative review.
Lombardia
“Fabulous nights out at The Terrace!!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just read Laura H's review and was really surprised that she had had such a bad experience.
We lived in Ilfracombe about 11 years ago and often used to go to The Terrace for dinner and always had a great time there with our newborn. We visited again recently and ate there both nights with our newborn who is now 12 (!) and our other girls who are 8 and 3. We had two really fantastic evenings - one night we tried lots of fish tapas and the second night we went for lots of meat - both were excellent and our three children loved the TexMex menu. The service was perfect and food arrived quickly even though it was quite busy (Friday and Saturday evening). The setting is great and the menu offered a good choice of food. My husband and I particularly loved the Gambas Pil Pil (they do have chilli in them but they're certainly not as hot as a Vindaloo!) and the scallops were great too. We had some excellent wine and I loved the frozen margarita. The Toblerone chocolate fondue is still on the menu after all these years and still such a fantastic way to end your meal.
All the family enjoyed eating at The Terrace... and we will definitely return the next time we're in Ilfracombe!

• Visited February 2013

London
“No Gracias.......”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Wow after reading such great reviews I must of visited this establishment when the chef was off because apart from the attractive looking Bar area and Professional Manager I couldn't of picked a worst restaurant if I had tried! The food was anything but authentic, it did look the part but it was pretty poor. We had the Catalan Bread which was not nice at all and cold! followed by a cold tasteless Tortilla, Gambas Pil Pil which had Chilli poured all over them ( they were hotter than a Vindaloo) certainly not the way a Spaniard would cook them! The chicken skewers were red in the middle and The skewer burnt mine and my daughters fingers as the highly professional waiting staff forgot to mention they were hot maybe it was due to the fact they were to busy chatting to themselves to care! When the bill came I come away feeling like I had been robbed which is not a great feeling at all...Well all I can say is I do hope this is an off night for this place as owning a restaurant in the past myself just once is enough for customers not to return...This may do well in Devon but would be eaten alive in London! Good luck.

• Visited February 2013
TerraceTapasBar, Owner at The Terrace Tapas & Wine Bar, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We too are very disappointed that you were unable to talk to us regarding your recent visit, as you state, you previously owned a restaurant & i am sure that you would have prefered to have comments face to face so that issues can be resolved, as I (Mark) always check on all the tables during the evening & welcome comments good & bad & then take the necessary action to ensure the customer is happy.

With reference to your comments regarding the tapas you tried:-
Calalan bread is served cold - as it toasted bread which is rubbed with tomato & garlic.
With regard to the tortilla they are served hot, but do cool quite quickly.
Our Gambas pil pil are cooked using gudillla chillis which are very hot in flavour (pil pil means fire fire) - we do offer this dish without the chiilies.
I am sorry that you burnt your fingers on the chicken skewers, but normally we do advise customers that the skewers may be hot - & we be using your review as training tool on how important it that customers are warned that metal skewers that the chicken has been cooked on maybe hot. (but I as to the chicken being red - I am very confused - as we only use chicken breast!!!!)
Moira, Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Simply the best”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

In my view The Terrace is the best place to eat and enjoy a leisurely evening for many miles around. The food is excellent, the ambience sublime and the prices reasonable. It manages to combine a classy dining experience with fun. It's worth a holiday in Ilfracombe just to eat here, but be sure to stay nearby because it's all too easy to over-indulge.
I'm looking forward o my next visit.

• Visited September 2012
Ilfracombe, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Wonderful tapas food, comes to your table fast and hot! good selections and early bird offeres Very very busy in summer book early!!

Visited July 2012
lancs
“Eating out”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Was excellent value for money, had the set menu for tapas, which was all you could eat. The service was good , didnt wait long and the food was hot. The staff were very pleasent and helpfull, would def eat there again , good value for money.

Visited October 2012