“Worst meal out I've ever had, appalling!!”
Review of Gurkha Restaurant

Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 120 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We tried this restaurant on our recent holiday to Devon, and went on a Sunday lunchtime, there was only 1 other table in place, which made me suspicious. As soon a we looked at the food I knew it wasn't going to good... There was very little choice and half of it was' supposed' roast dinner which was all out of a frozen packet, like a dire canteen, not very 'Asian'? The 2 curries were disgusting, bland with tough chewy meat, the Chinese option was bright red sweet and sour chicken which tasted of nothing. Just the most vile food I've ever eaten, I can't believe they are doing any trade at all. We should have walked out after looking at it, we knew if was going to be awful. My five year old daughter refused to eat any of it apart from the prawn crackers, as was so horrible.

Bottom line don't trust any good reviews on here of the place, people that rate this place can't have ever eaten a decent meal in their life if they think this is good. Have fish and chips instead!

1  Thank jenhen72
There are newer reviews for Gurkha Restaurant

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Help yourself to as much as you like. Keep going back to fill up again. Food is smashing.

1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Just don't go here. I suppose the phrase 'Jack of all trades, master of none' applies. I should have been sceptical when the menu boasted indian, chinese, vietnamese, nepalisese and others I can't remember cuisine.

Hardly. The restaurant was dead for a Saturday night (we were the only customers) and therefore I saw thay had only cooked a small amount of food so as not to waste any. Therefore there were a few naans and pancakes, but the cuisine was only chineses and indian, from what I could tell, and neither were very tasty. In fact they were the dullest, blandest Chinese and Indian I have EVER had in my life.

So though it was labelled "all you can eat", perhaps "all you can swallow" might be a more apt phrase. my partner and I did not stuff ourselves, having one and a half helpings each, and decided to escape back to our hotel without dessert.

Oh, how I wish we'd gone to a fish n' chippy instead.

1  Thank Ashagill
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Not much selection on the buffet and quality was just average.

1  Thank M L
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Can't decide or agree on Indian, Chinese or Nepalese ? Sorted! Have the lot at a fair price too. Curry tastes ok but not hot enough ? One word and a special dish of Gurkha standard brought to my table by the chef as was a bowl of plain noodles for darling daughter. The revised dish was,cough, hot enough. The waitress Puja was lovely with d.d. too. Our second time here, 4 years apart, and we'd come often if it wasn't 80 miles away.