“No need for awards here”
Review of Maddys Chippy

Maddys Chippy
Ranked #34 of 121 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

There is a sign outside of the shop that says, no skin no bones no waste! They seem to forget to mention no fish in the batter! We had large cod and all that can be said is they must have forgotten the fish when they battered it. I'm not a big eater but when I order fish & chips I would expect to see the fish with the chips, talking of which the chips were bland and tasteless.

1  Thank yatna110

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We got to Ilfracombe quite late in the evening and got advised to get Cod and Chips from Maddy's by the B+B owner and my father..

Excellent choice, well cooked cod, great Curry sauce... forgot the forks though!

Sat and ate while watching the tide come in and Ilfracombe statue near the bay, good setting good English fast food.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I ate at this fish and chip shop on a recent trip to Ilfracombe. It's very near the harbour and I was attracted by the clean and fresh look of the premises. I ordered plaice and chips with mushy peas and a pot of tea for one. The tea came on a small tray with tea, milk,a pot of hot water and teacup. The piece of plaice was huge with crispy batter and lovely white flakes of fish while the mushy peas were in a separate small pot. I'm glad I didn't order bread and butter as I wouldn't have been able to eat it. I liked the little touch of having a small pair of scissors in the small dish of condiments so that you didn't have to wrestle with the plastic pouches to open them. The tables were quickly cleared of dirty dishes and the service was cheerful and friendly. If you are looking for the place to get good fish and chips in Ilfracombe this is it !

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Been to Maddy's on a number of occasions and you can either eat in or take out. Its wonderful and in particular the Cod is devine. Cant wait for my next visit which will be in June. Hungry now just thinking about it,

Situated almost on the seafront which as you can imagine builds of your appetite and puts you in the mood for a wonderful meal of good old fish and chips. Friendly staff. Not to be missed.,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Best fish and chips I've had in a very long time, perfect chip shop chips and a very substantial piece of cod, perfectly cooked with flaky white fresh, no skin and wonderful crunchy batter. Portion size was enormous but managed it all because it was so nice. Will definitely go back more frequently!