We stayed at the Dorchester over Aug bank holiday for a wedding in Ilfracoombe. Coming from Brighton, working in London and having our last holidays at Huvafen Fushi, Maldives and Jumeriah Beach, Dubai we are used to staying in 5* establishments. This of course is not a high end hotel. What it is is a superb beach town B&B with excellent service, great breakfasts', huge rooms (the room was probably bigger than at Jumeriah Beach), perfect location, easy to find from main road into Ilfracoombe, very comfy beds and all at a very good price.
I could not want more hear. My only small gripe was not having Sky TV which a lot of places have these days (and yes i can hear you asking why i need Sky on holiday - its just a nice to have when coming out the shower or returning to room). Although i was more than happy with the well stocked mini fridge.
The resounding factor for us was the owner/manager who was very friendly and could not do more to chat to us and answer any question we had. There are probably other good B&B's in town at a good rate but this place is set apart by the personal friendly manager.
I would highly recomend to anyone on any budget level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dorchester is a tastefully restored Guest House. We have been accredited with a 4 Star Silver Award and a Breakfast Award. We are a short walk from the historic Tunnels Beaches and seafront. We offer Free Parking and Free Wi-Fi throughout.. Ilfracombe's Town Centre, pretty seafront and harbour and historic Tunnels Beaches are a short walk away. The elegant, stylishly furnished rooms at The Dorchester feature Flat Screen TV, DVD Player, hairdryer, generous hospitality tray and a small fridge stocked daily with fresh milk and a selection of wines, beers and soft drinks. Guests may also make use of free W-Fi and our new Guest Lounge.Breakfasts are freshly prepared using locally sourced produce, and are served daily in the bright and airy dining room. Recently achieved a Breakfast Award from Visit Britain. Fully licensed, there is a range of wines , beers and spirits available.The beautiful Exmoor National Park is 15 minutes drive away, whilst Ilfracombe Golf Club is just 5 minute drive. The pretty harbour, Blue Flag Tunnels Beaches, restaurants and shops are within walking distance. A bus stop directly outside the guest house can take guests to Barnstaple, Bideford and surrounding areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dorchester Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorchester Guest House Hotel Ilfracombe
- Dorchester Guest House Ilfracombe, Devon