We stayed here in the August Bank Holiday week in a Finch caravan with a hot tub (which costs extra). On arrival, we were immediately concerned about how many caravans there are and how close together they are situated, mostly along the road running through the park, but thankfully ours seemed to be the only one with more space around it and a nice decking where the hot tub is sited.
The caravan itself was very nice as it should have been and the park is lovely and quiet in a good location but beware the hot tub police! We had not been told when booking that it would be necessary for someone to come twice a day to check the hot tub and would come when they felt like it, unannounced and not even bother to knock on the caravan when it was obvious we were there because the door was wide open and our children were around on their bikes. When I raised this with the owner I got a blunt 'it's health and safety' reply and no understanding that we felt it was an invasion of our privacy to have someone on the decking as and when they felt like it.
We enjoyed ourselves as it's a lovely area with great beaches but were left with a bad taste in our mouths on the last day when the caravan was checked over while we waited outside, to be told 'the fridge could do with a bit of a clean'. When I said that I wasn't going to have the £40 cleaning deposit used for cleaning the fridge, I was advised I should clean it as the 'owner has high expectations' and the cleaners didn't like to do it!! So, I wiped the few crumbs out of the fridge, watched over like a naughty schoolgirl, was almost made to put away the few wet pieces of washing up I had left on the side and was then advised to empty the lounge bin (which I had forgotten to do as we were worried about checking out late) as the cleaners didn't do that either! I was pretty much speechless, certainly appalled and extremely disappointed.
We have been staying in 4 and 5 star caravan parks for 10 years and have never been treated in such a manner and hence will never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2014 Gold Awarded Holiday Park. Nestled within a sheltered wooded valley lies our exclusive Holiday Park unlike any other for its location, friendly staff and cleanliness. Your holiday enjoyment is our priority therefore we offer you stunning accommodation in a peacefully green environment with WiFi access throughout. You'll be delighted you booked with Hele Valley. Grab the opportunity to indulge in your own private hot tub, find relaxation in our light therapy sauna and recharge your soul with clean fresh air. Take a stroll along our nature trail and educate yourself in our fascinating wildlife facts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hele Valley Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hele Valley Holiday Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- Hele Valley Holiday Park Ilfracombe, Devon