Arrived Monday and on first appearances the chalets located at the main reception area looked promising which raised our hopes after reading such terrible reviews prior to arrival. However on taking a look around we began to notice a number of people standing at their balcony overlooking the car park. We guessed at that point that this is what John fowler must mean by c views as you could not see anything else but a car park and buildings. Anyway after a swift check in we were told our chalet was located back down the road so we headed off and were met by what looked like old forces billets, which appeared run down, damp and located a few yards away from the main road (not good when you have a three year old ). Upon entering the chalet our hearts sank further whilst our daughter was told not to touch anything. The silver is supposed to house 4-6 however it only has a two seated sofa pushed against a dining table with six chairs which could only be used if the sofa was moved towards the front door, making the room a safety risk. Bedrooms were grubby with stained mattresses and bathroom housed a sticky floor with filth up the one side of the bath. We returned to complain along with a number of other families and were told that the room easily housed five people. Eventually we were offered an upgrade by one member of staff but the manager than attempted to charge us for the additional cost. No apologies were given but we did get a refund (excluding cost of sun holiday). You could argue that you get what you pay for but on reading these reviews it's clear that those paying large quantities of their hard earned cash are also given the same poor, low quality, dirty, cramped treatment. Fortunately we managed to find a lovely holiday park where we were given a lovely sea view gold standard static in Woolacombe for only an additional £20.00 more than the cost of this dump. I truly felt sorry for those stuck at this place as the place could easily send you into a state of depression.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ilfracombe Holiday Park has everything you could want on a family holiday. A 56’ heated pool, a sauna, children’s play areas and an internet cafe provide you with all the comforts of home and more. Relax in our pool during the day, and then head to the Exmoor Club for the evening’s entertainment, free to everybody staying at our Ilfracombe Holiday Parks. This park is set at the top of the valley Ilfracombe lies in, so you get views right down over the town and out to sea, exactly what you’d expect from a Devon holiday. If you don’t want to deal with cooking on holiday then our Farmhouse Kitchen Restaurant can cook you up a wide variety of fare, from low price snacks to full grills and specialty dishes. We even offer takeaways. If you are going to cook for yourself, our onsite shop sells everything you’ll need, and there’s a Tesco superstore just a five minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Ilfracombe Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Fowler Ilfracombe Holiday Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- Ilfracombe Holiday Park Devon