Like VDP283 have just returned from just go long weekend at the Grosvenor. We found it comfortable and friendly. For the budget price paid it was excellent value. The upgrade was well worth it as we had a large room(suite) which was recently refurbished. It was warm and comfortable considering the bitterly cold weather. Fantastic walks over the hills to both Lee and Hele Bay direct from the hotel and very handy for the harbour, shops and local pubs. (The ship and pilot very friendly and many real ales to choose from)
We had read the reviews and were expecting a nightmare but although in need of a bit of updating (a duvet would have been nice) we were pleasantly surprised. Food basic but well cooked and hot. Poached eggs at breakfast perfection. Waitress very attentive and hard working.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at Devon Bay Hotel. Its Stately Victorian exterior fully compliments the stylish and characteristic interior, blending old and new styles to create a unique and exciting environment. Our large and airy restaurant looks out to the front of the hotel, serving freshly prepared breakfast and dinner every day. We also have a large bar and comfortable lounge areas, which are great to sit and enjoy a drink and relax. The Devon Bay Hotel is ideally located in the bustling centre of Ilfracombe, minutes from the cliff tops and beautiful sandy beach, meaning guests have everything they need within walking distance. Our aim at Devon Bay Hotel is to ensure that your stay with us is pleasurable. You will always receive a friendly warm welcome, whether you are visiting us for lunch or dinner, a function or an overnight stay. Whether business or pleasure, why not make the Devon Bay Hotel first on your list of new venues to visit - we look forward to welcoming you. Step outside and you are on the Promenade with its many shops, cafes, and the Landmark Theatre complex. Open all year around, we offer Christmas and New Year Packages and our nightly entertainment ensures that your visit to the Devon Bay Hotel will be enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Devon Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Hotel Ilfracombe
- Devon Bay Hotel Ilfracombe