We got this through groupon and we're so pleased we didn't pay the full asking price of £42.50 per person b&b. it's Fawlty towers meets Phoenix nights!!! To say the hotel is dated is being kind I think it was last decorated in the 70's the early 70's that is. We woke up Saturday morning freezing, went for breakfast and the opening question from the other diners was " was you cold last night?" I'd been to get something from the car and it was warmer outside at 8 am on a February morning!!! Then came the breakfast full English it said on the menu 1 sausage I bacon 1 egg cold beans and 2 very small hollow potato wafles. I'm not saying the sausage was cheap but I would have liked some horse meat in it then at least it would have had some meat in it my wife couldn't eat hers. Needless to say we didn't go down for breakfast Sunday we ate out on our way home. The "entertainment " was something else again straight from the 70's.
on the positive the staff are friendly and helpful. It's a shame, there is so much potential it must be a viscious circle to improve they need to spend money, yet to spend money they need customers and if they don't improve the customers will stay away, and I don't blame them one little bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome awaits you at Devon Bay Hotel. Its Stately Victorian exterior fully compliments the stylish and characteristic interior, blending old and new styles to create a unique and exciting environment. Our large and airy restaurant looks out to the front of the hotel, serving freshly prepared breakfast and dinner every day. We also have a large bar and comfortable lounge areas, which are great to sit and enjoy a drink and relax. The Devon Bay Hotel is ideally located in the bustling centre of Ilfracombe, minutes from the cliff tops and beautiful sandy beach, meaning guests have everything they need within walking distance. Our aim at Devon Bay Hotel is to ensure that your stay with us is pleasurable. You will always receive a friendly warm welcome, whether you are visiting us for lunch or dinner, a function or an overnight stay. Whether business or pleasure, why not make the Devon Bay Hotel first on your list of new venues to visit - we look forward to welcoming you. Step outside and you are on the Promenade with its many shops, cafes, and the Landmark Theatre complex. Open all year around, we offer Christmas and New Year Packages and our nightly entertainment ensures that your visit to the Devon Bay Hotel will be enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Devon Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Hotel Ilfracombe
- Devon Bay Hotel Ilfracombe