We stayed in Mill Cottage for a week in August. When we arrived the cottage was not quite ready and was being "cleaned". The first thing we noticed was the musty damp smell. The cottage was surface clean - windows were filthy, cob webs on windows and in corners, crockery,pans & cutlery were grubby & needed washing thoroughly before use. Decor was very tired and sad looking & not really what we were expecting given the rate charged for the week. Kitchen equipment very basic no added extras like a tin opener / bottle opener / decent pans. The swimming pool was good as long as you didn't, look too closely at surroundings. Lady said we could use the trampoline for kids but had to tramp past chickens through long wet grass & nettles
to reach an old trampoline with no safety net. Tennis court was a joke....tufts of grass growing on
it & cracked so not really any good to play a game on. Water went off about 4 times when we
All in all we had a great holiday mainly because we had good weather & spent minimal time in the cottage. We had thought given the great food reviews we would try the restaurant in the hotel
but given the poor cleanliness of our cottage I didn't really fancy risking it.
To me it felt like a place that was once something special but is now in need of some desperate love and proper TLC rather than a touch up here & there
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trimstone Manor is a traditional country house offering 4 star accommodation only 3 miles from glorious Woolacombe. Set in 44 acres of beautiful North Devon countryside & landscaped gardens, it is perfect for a peaceful & relaxing break. With easy access to the A361 Trimstone is also perfect for those who want to explore North Devon. The fine sandy beaches and rolling surf of Croyde, Woolacombe and Saunton are just a short drive for all the beach lovers and surfing activities as are the secluded coves and cliff paths of Ilfracombe & Combe Martin. We have famous Lynton & Lynmouth, Exmoor, the North Devon coastal footpath, Arlington Court (NT), gardens or the delights of a sheep dog & falconry demonstration. Whatever the weather there is always something to do. Nearby we have clay shooting grounds, golf, quad-biking, horse-riding, you-name-it! Guests can use the games room, tennis court, indoor heated swimming pool, gym & sauna, walk or simply relax in a quiet spot with a drink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Orbitz so you can book your Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trimstone Manor Country Hotel
- Trimstone Manor Country House Hotel Ilfracombe, Devon