“I can not rave about this place enough!!”
Review of Bamboo Palace

Cuisines: Chinese, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“I can not rave about this place enough!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

On our last night of our holiday we decided to take a Chinese meal back to our chalet and chose Bamboo Palace.

I have allergies, and asked the lady serving if I could eat the noodles, since I couldn't she offered to cook a different kind of noodles in the same way and then, without being asked went through everything else in our order explaining which I could and couldn't eat. Trust me, this doesn't happen in restaurants and take always all the time so I was really surprised and appreciative of it.

The food it self was priced very reasonably and was delicious! We were so full afterwards we had to go for a walk along the beach to recover!

We would definitely eat here again. Fantastic!

Visited August 2014

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Quality Grub”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I'm unsure about what a couple of the folk below have said, maybe they weren't speaking very clearly, or they'd been enjoying the wonderful night life of Ilfracombe before they went to the Bamboo Palace and just forgot what they ordered, we've all been there and no-one's to blame. As for my personal experience of the delectable culinary treats found in this veritable den of quality I grub, I cannot speak highly enough, mere words do such wonder no justice. This being said it would be remiss of me not to say how mouth wateringly tender the meat in their special chow mein is, how sumptuous and perfectly spiced the Garlic prawns are, nor indeed how simple rice can taste so good it would be fit to serve up to the Gods. The owners are charming friendly individuals (who speak perfect English) and the quality of service is matched only by the wonder of the foods prepared therein. I would recommend this takeaway, 'The Bamboo Palace' to any of my ancestors, of whom I hold in highest regard, indeed I almost feel sorry for them, beyond their graves they must be able to smell the gorgeous feasts of the bamboo palace, for heaven sent food surely returns to it's origins. ©David Nickle Read 2014

• Visited June 2014
Braunton, England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Been three times, twice order was wrong, one of which an added 30 minute wait.Thought we would try it again, went down to find a member of staff Sat out the front where customers can see him eating out of a dogs bowl! A real dogs bowl!!!! The curry we had was disgusting!! The chicken was not fresh real chicken, it was rubbery and horrible. The sauce was mixed with a tub of grease you could see floating on the top! We put this in the bin and went to another Chinese in the town. Will not be going back here.

• Visited April 2014
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
“Bamboo Palace”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a takeaway twice and both times they have got it wrong :(. First time we had an extra 30 minute wait and when we got home no satay sauce. (2 weeks ago) and tonight they have given us the wrong soup! They need to get their act together. Won't be going again!

Visited April 2014
Woodford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Chinese takeaway.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We can't praise this takeaway highly enough. From the outside it doesn't look at all promising but looks are definitely deceiving in this instance. The whole meal was exceptional particularly the special fried rice.
Quality food, reasonable prices and a very prompt, polite service on a busy New Years Eve.

• Visited December 2013