“A life on the ocean wave !”

Ilfracombe Princess
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Ilfracombe
More attraction details
Owner description: Spectacular wildlife and coastal cruises aboard "Ilfracombe Princess" one of the most technologically advanced passenger vessels in the U.K.Based in Ilfracombe harbour the Ilfracombe Princess cruises frequently sight seals, porpoises and dolphins.New in 2005 and licensed for 100 passengers. Come and enjoy one of the most dramatic coastal landscapes in England aboard our safe comfortable vessel the 'Ilfracombe Princess'For more information, sailing times and to book visit us at the Pier Kiosk.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A life on the ocean wave !”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Been on the Ilfracombe Princess boat trip on a couple of occasions. Great if the sea is calm just a little more awesome if its not. The " Princess" is a lovely little craft very comfortable and the crew are great. The views around the course are wonderful and the commentary whilst you are at sea is very informative and the guide realllyknows his stuff. Will be "casting off" again this coming June . Its quite exhilerating -weather permitting of course.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank linds190819
David_Barbeary, Public Relations Manager at Ilfracombe Princess, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the trips on our boat! We do our best to make sure everyone has a good time and try to supply interesting information as we cruise along. We look forward to seeing you aboard again in June! Thanks!

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great trip out, amazing views, great crew!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went on the trip that takes you north towards Exmoor with my daughter (aged 8, but 7 then)
The boat itself is a great bit of kit, looks very new and very stable and safe (its a "cat", the same they use in the north sea in very rough seas!).

I used to have a boat myself and wish I had one again, but down in Ilfracombe - I would be out every day!

The crew were nice and helpful, the lad doing the booking seemed to know his stuff and told us what we could expect to see if we were lucky.
After a brief safety talk to make sure everyone knew what they were doing if the worst were to happen (which is great to see, many boat trips dont seem to bother with this bit, just load em and go!), we set off in reasonable weather.

The skipper talked about the points of interest (which my daughter loved and still repeats now) and the views were breathtaking to be honest.
I have been to Ilfracombe and Combe Martin before but seeing everything from the seaward side is something that has to be done.

We saw a giant sun-fish (about 180 kilo), a porpoise about 100m from the boat (the skipper tried to get closer but it wouldn't play that day!), many really interesting sea birds and a waterfall!

Really great hour or two, just long enough I would say (especially with fidgety kid's!)

It was about £16 last summer, good value I think.

Would definitely go again, maybe next time I will try their deep sea fishing boat "Blue Fin" - we didnt get time this visit but again, its a "cat" and looked very safe which if I am taking my daughter, means a lot to me.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank David w
David_Barbeary, Public Relations Manager at Ilfracombe Princess, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review of our tour, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience and found the commentary from my Uncle interesting! We hope to see you in Ilfracombe again someday!
Taunton
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good fun”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

A great way to see the North Devon coast, managed to see one seal and lots of beautiful coast line..a must for any trip to Ilfracombe

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Megan R
Thanks very much for your kind feedback, it's much appreciated by us. Pleased to hear that you saw a seal and loved the view of the coast from the seaward side!
Chessington, Surrey
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Good fun and we saw some seals”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We did the 'Seal' cruise along the coast and althoug it seemed quite expensive for a family, you are on board for around 90 minutes and the cost line looks great from the sea..

We did not see any porpoises but we did see a number of seals and in all had a good time.

In the busy periods you are better to book places in advance.

There are several car parks in the vicinity of Ilfracombe harbour

The web site - http://www.ilfracombeprincess.co.uk/
Phone number 01271 879 727
Cost - Adult £12Children 5 + are £6, under 4 are free.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank localpint
Tamworth, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Very interesting experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Really enjoyed the trip,£12 per adult,bit pricey but you do get an hour and half boat trip.on a good day you get to see alot.

Visited August 2012