“This is a must do day out!!!”

Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park
Ranked #5 of 40 things to do in Ilfracombe
More attraction details
Owner description: A wildlife park that demonstrates how life was for the dinosaurs.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My 6 year old is mad on dinosaurs and wildlife so it was a must for us! The whole experience was brilliant. I am also a huge animal lover and my husband paid for me to do the lion experience... It was an amazing experience that was well worth the £30. All the staff are so lovely and I will be recommending this place to anyone venturing towards Devon!

Dawn G, Owner at Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your five stars and your recommendations to others, it is very much appreciated. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your lion experience, it is such a privilege
to be so close to these majestic animals isn't it. We look forward to seeing you and your son again some time in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Our son is only 10 months old. On our first family holiday. Weather was awful at parts of the day and the park was really quiet. Staff were brilliant we got to feed the meerkats in their enclosure and watched all the other talks in the park. Only 2 criticisms 1 man it's really hilly! But in fairness you are pre warned of this. 2 at points the signage in the park is awful and even with the map we were unsure where we were going.

Thank you for your five stars and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your day despite the bad weather. Yes, being built around a valley does mean we are hilly, although we wouldn't have all lovely scenery with the streams and tropical trees without it. I am surprised you had problems with the map, we did revise this last year because visitors found the previous one difficult. I will take a look at it again. I do agree we need a bit more signage, as new owners at the beginning of 2012 we have spent thousands of pounds on signage already so it is an on going process that we are trying to address. Hopefully on your next visit you will notice improvements. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again when you are next in Devon.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Being a huge lover of Animals I just had make a visit to this park. The shows & talks that were on were great & very informative and it was amazing to see how well the animals have bonded with they're handlers. Have to say that the Primates, Otters & Coati's were most definitely my favourite and had to laugh when one of the Coati's took a shine to my mum's phone and tried to the phone off her!! :-)

All in a fantastic day out and well worth a visit, one thing I will say is that the park is very hilly so wear sensible shoes. Will definately come back again!

Dawn G, Owner at Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your five stars, we really appreciate it. I will have a word with 'Kai' our Coati (I know it would have been her as she is rather naughty!) We all look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had a lovely trip here last week with family. . Loved the sea lion show and the bugs. Glad we took a sling instead of a buggy there are lots of steep hills to walk up and down. Managed to get round the whole park in half a day and thought it overpriced compared with similar places we'd been to in the past. But overall we loved it, my 3 year old was well entertained which is the most important thing!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your day and thank you for your review. Time spent here varies on visitor participation of the talks, shows and encounters that run throughout the day but our sea lion show is definitely one of the favourites. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a amazing place, great animals,shows,location!! Loved the fact it was in a valley coz the scenery was so beautiful! Walking round wasn't a problem,
Well worth a visit!!!!

1  Thank Webby3535

Thank you for appreciating the scenery on the park, it is stunning isn't! We appreciate the five stars and your recommendations to others.