“Great fun day out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park

Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park
Ranked #5 of 35 things to do in Ilfracombe
More attraction details
Owner description: A wildlife park that demonstrates how life was for the dinosaurs.
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our children love this place and enjoy seeing the variety of animals and dinosaurs. A highlight was being in the meerkat enclosure while they were fed as well as the sea lion display. Great to see the new owners are continually updating the displays. Well worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
Dawn G, Owner at Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for your continued support and it is great that you have noticed the improvements that as new owners we have strived to make in the last couple of years. New for Easter 2014 we have some of the latest animatronic Dinosaurs arriving which will live in our valley and we are also proud to be providing a good home to some rescued animals from overseas. These Hamadryas Baboons and Barbary Macaques should be arriving before Whitsun, all with their own stories to tell. Our male White Hudson Bay wolf arrived from Amsterdam a couple of weeks ago and has settled well with our girls so we are also hoping for the patter of tiny paws! We look forward to seeing you again this year.

Paignton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a great time here with my 11 year old son who was doing a zoo keeper experience. The staff were very informative and helpful. The zoo keeper gift experience is a lot better value for money than other animal attractions locally. The site is hilly but there were lots of people there with pushchairs who were managing fine and the woodland valley setting is part of the charm. With the price of attractions generally these days I think the park is very good value - if you plan properly you can attend 11 different animal talks which are very interesting and the whole day is enjoyable. You can save money by booking online in advance. Overall a great day.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 610Sarah
What a lovely review, thank you. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your day and particularly that you mentioned the landscape. Tell your nephew I also love the 'jungly' feel to this park and it defintely makes it a special place to us all. We really appreciate your recommendations to others.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I took my 6 year old nephew here today. It was raining at first but that doesn't stop us and it soon brightened up. I'd driven past before but didn't think to go in until I'd read the reviews from others. I'm really glad we came. We had a great day.

My nephew was scared of the pharaoh's tomb but I actually thought it was great. The dinosaurs were cool and it's funny watching the kids get squirted with water... And hearing the mums screaming :D

Highlights: sea lions show, wolf talk, marmosets playing hide and seek with my nephew, awesome train ride which simulates a flood. Really something to see and a bargain.

Slight low-lights: some areas could do with a bit of improvement, such as near the meerkats, but I feel the new owners are already working on improving the whole park and it didn't let the rest down. I'd have liked to have seen more in the African area too.

Special thanks to the chap who talked about otters and wolves today as he was really knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My little nephew remembered a lot of what he had said. Also to the sea lion show which was brilliant and the woman working with them was fan. Actually all staff we met were absolutely wonderful. Fantastic customer service.

The park entry fee I think is a bargain and you get a half price voucher for your next trip.

I have to comment on the landscape as I know many thought it too hilly. I appreciate it would be difficult to navigate in a wheel chair and those with pushchairs should take a little time but not impossible at all. Personally my nephew and I loved it. The hills and woodland made for a great atmosphere and my nephew said he felt like he was in a jungle. I think the location makes this site special.

Well done for providing such a great place to visit. Some small bits of work left to do but well worth the money and time to come.

Barton on Sea
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We enjoyed our day so much here we took our friends who joined us on the second week of our holiday to see the park. A great range of animals, and the new owners are gradually building better enclosures for the animals. If you have small children there is an area where you walk through and can pet amongst other things wallabies and lemurs, chickens and parrots are free to roam, and certain times of the day a keeper will feed and talk to the crowd on the various species. There is a sealion show which is great and informative. Also at the park is a dinasaur exhibition and hourly show which comes to life. All in all a great day out. Ther is a cafe on site as well.

Visited September 2013
Dawn G, Owner at Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and your five stars. We are really pleased that you enjoyed yourselves so much that you revisited us with your friends the following week. That is fantastic! As you rightly say as new owners we have embarked on upgrading various exhibits around the park, but obviously enclosures cost tens of thousands of pounds, so our visitors support is really important to us. The more people that come to our lovely park the quicker we can do all we want to do. Thank you so much for your recommedations to others and we really hope to see you again when you are next in sunny Devon.
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great day out .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This wildlife park is a great day out for the whole family . We went with our 13 year old son and he loved it . Plenty to see and do and will keep you busy for hours . Lots of cafes dotted around so you can rest your feet and relax from time to time as theres loads of walking involved . Many animals to see and the Sea lion show is a must . We also attended talks on the Lions , Wolves and Meerkats at various times through the day . Great fun and well worth the money .

What fab photos, you have some real close ups there, it looks like some our residents have posed for you! We are so pleased that you all enjoyed your day with us and participated in some of the talks, shows and encounters on our daily itinerary. We do find that visitors that do get involved have a much better day. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again when you are next in Devon.