“Great day out”

Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park
Ranked #6 of 40 things to do in Ilfracombe
More attraction details
Owner description: A wildlife park that demonstrates how life was for the dinosaurs.
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Went here with my two boys aged 5 & 2 and had a brilliant time. They loved the dinosaurs and the animals. My only compliant would be the layout and the lack of toilet facilities (the only ones being at the entrance).

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great value for money. No pressure to spend more like the Disney parks. Staff knowledgeable and friendly. Animal close ups like feeding the lions were great. Would highly recommend it for a family day out.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My niece and I visited this park on a warm sunny day in July - we had a fantastic time. My niece hand-fed wallabys and endangered ringtail lemurs from Madagasca, we watched the sealion show, birds of prey demonstration, feeding of the lions, otters, meerkats and penguins. The hourly dinosaur 'show' was fun - my niece wanted to go back to see this a few times - another attraction requiring a re-visit was the train ride. The zoo-keepers were wonderful and took time to answer our questions and although quite young to an oldie like me, were very knowledgeable and really passionate about the animals and the park in general. Will definitely go back...., and hope the management and staff achieve all its aims for the park and its animals.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have been to dinosaur Wildlife Park on a few occasions. We have visited today, a couple of years from our last visit and was disappointed at the facilities and how poor the attractions were. The seals were lovely to watch but basically that was the main attraction. I am sorry to say we will not be returning in the near future and hopefully with the improvements you are intending it will once again be a pleasure to visit.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Visited the attraction this week and thought it was great value. There are plenty of offer vouchers available locally i.e. one child free with 2 full price paying adults.

Apparently the site changed hands in Feb 2012. Therefore some of the older cages are being updated. Please don't let this put you off especially if someone has visited prior to this date.

A great mix of animals - lions, wolves, monkeys, penguins, etc. Walkthrough areas with emus, wallabies and amazon area.

Attractions for all on site. we enjoyed the sea lion show Egyptian and Dinosaur exhibits(free to visitors), .

The site is very hilly. Therefore I would suggest that those of you with mobility issues may want to contact the site beforehand. Also some toddlers may find it difficult. There is a bus shuttel to the car parks after 3.30pm.

Plenty of places on site to buy refreshments and food at reasonable prices.